"Why are we Jehovah's Witnesses?"

by Englishman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• herbert
    herbert

Englishman,

Good stuff.

There is no scientific evidence against the fact of evolution. What's more, the WTS wouldn't need to resort to misquotes obtained third hand from fundy creationists if such evidence existed. That they persist in telling lies on this single issue negates all else they say - thus there is no need to refute the rest since liars won't inherit the kingdom. If details are needed then they are esaily supplied - e.g., just type the name John Durant into the WT CD search engine and then track down the original article by Prof. Durant.

Of course, the rest could and should be refuted - as it has been - but a single demonstration of intentional lying for God is enough to disprove the claim that they alone speak for God. Mistakes imply that one was unaware of error - when that error is documented and no corrections ensue then a mistake - if it was that - becomes a lie.

Herbert

• waiting
    waiting

howdy jan,

19. We believe scripturally that for unrepentant practicers of sin, disfellowshipping is in order.
    If DFing were merely termination of membership, that would not have been a hot issue. However, the shunning doctrine is hardly Biblical, and certainly grossly unethical. One real mark of shame for JWdom. - jan
    Large distinction between the actually termination of membership - disfellowshipping, and shunning. Two different practices, which are conveniently lumped together.

The absense of the blood doctrine in this list was notable. - jan
    Perhaps because Jehovah's Witnesses can't convince themselves to follow the blood doctrine blindly? Very notable.

waiting

• jerome
    jerome

-----------------------
    We are convinced.
    ------------------------

Did you ever use to watch startrek the next generation.

And you know that they were this alien race that used to fly around going from the DOOR of one solar system TO the DOOR of another in these cuboid ships.

And they recruited members of all other intellegent spices into their race by assimilation.[indoctrination]

Anyone who was unlucky enough to be caught by this race would be taken away and never be the same again.

When they returned not even their own family ment as much to them as
    their new race they accuired the common objective to assimilate others or destroy those who resisted. No one was safe.

That is of course until some of them were rescued and disassimilated/deprogrammed and returned to their normal selves.

There was this one episode when one of them was captured and isolated from the hive. He took a while to come around but he finally did.
    But it took great effort.

And you know what they used to say:

---------------------
    We are the Borg.
    ---------------------

No matter who you asked in the army the reply was the same.
    We are the Borg. They were so unified on this matter. Like BROTHERS.

Well the Borg had its high ranking offecers/elders which had more authority over the rest of the subordinates/rank and file but their orders came form one source their leader/queen.

And what was their mission?

Well to assimilate more species of course. They wanted to take over the universe.

And what did the leader/queen of the borg say:

----------------------
    I am the borg!

Ok i'll come up with a more intellegent post next time.
    But i couldent let this go unmentioned in this post.

the bible is a two edged sword
    wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi, Englishman!

I saw that post at Touchstone.org from a few days ago. In my opinion it reflects the author’s view that the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses has enough redeeming features that he not only feels comfortable with remaining a Witness but also defending the religion as a whole. On the other hand, from what I can tell the same author is unwilling to bring clear or potential errors out into the light of day for sake of remedy, hopefully. Then again, none of us knows what the writer does in his private life.

I was fairly impressed with the amount of patience allowed to Hawk on the Touchstone.org forum on the subject of the Society’s registration for the past ten years as a non-governmental organization with the United Nations. Unfortunately, they were unwilling to give on second of patience with the far weightier subject of specific conflicts in the Society’s religious position on the blood issue. They avoided that whole discussion as if it were the plague! One can only wonder how they handle the same discussion in their public field ministry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit