A Question for those who have trust in the Bible/Jesus..

by The Quiet One 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I can't speak for anyone else but yes, that is how I view the bible.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

good for you psac

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Hi soft+gentle, glad to see you on another of my threads. Thanks for stating your view so clearly, dimwits like me have trouble comprehending things otherwise. The black+white, either the whole Bible is inspired and every word is Gods or it's not, jw view is hard to change. All my life I've had scriptures quoted at me telling me what to do, and if I'm not doing every single thing 'right' by what the Wt says, I'm 'disobeying Jehovah'.. Missing an assembly is 'forsaking gathering' etc. , even if you're ill! Okay, rant over. Thanks guys/gals :)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that when we take ALL the bible literally we are doing a disservice to the writers of the various books since not all of them were written to be taken literally AND concretely.

To say the WHOLE of the bibls is authoritive on par with each other leads one to find contridictions and issues that aren't really there.

What is inspired and "god breathed" about Chronicles?

Jesus loved to use parables to teach a lesson, but if one was to take them as literal and concrete, one would miss the point of them.

We must use our own judgment to decide what we take as literal and what an interpretation means to us but we laso have to be educated to do just that and to understand what we are reading and IF the bible is important to us, we SHOULD educate ourselves, why?

Well, IF our salvation and our understanding of God's will depends on the bible ( either solely or in part) why would we leave our salvation and our ability to understand God in the hands of someone else ??

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good PS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit