untitled

by PrincessCynic 3 Replies latest social humour

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

So I've got a huge pile of magazines that I took from the literature desk but never got round to going out in Field Circus to place them. Oops! You know how it is.

I'm wondering if I could put them to better use.

This could be helpful for any of you faders who have annoying JW relatives who insist on bringing the latest rags round every month, or those of you still in who want to do the public a favour by removing them from the hall and not placing them. This is especially relevant with the current mag being Sex issue that even die-hard JWs are refusing to offer

Here's what I've got so far...

1. Shoe and boot mat. Lay a few ripped out pages by the door and place muddy boots on.

2. Grill cleaner. Soak magazines in water, lay across a warm BBQ grill, close the lid, let them soak for an hour, remove and wipe the grill clean. Voila!

3. Vegetable drawer liner. Place sheets in fridge to catch mess from rotted produce.

4. Garden mulch. Use in your fruit, veg or flower garden. Cut a hole in the middle and slide it over the plant. It keeps weeds down and holds water.

5. Hat Shapers. Screw up pages and put inside hats before storing to stop them getting flat.

6. Decorating. Wipe off used paint brushes.

7. Window Cleaning. Use vinegar, water and magazines to clean windows and mirrors.

8. Packing. Shed magazines and use as free packaging when you send fragile items through the mail.

9. Make a funnel. Just roll up a few pages.

10. In the kitchen. Lay a few pages on your counter before cutting up messy fruit & veg. When done just fold up and throw away.

11. Ripen tomatoes. Wrap up green tomatoes in magazine pages. Layer them in a box & close the lid. Keep them warm & check on them every few days until ready.

12. Use as firestarters. I've always believed this is why it was fairly easy to place mags in rural areas in winter months

13. Use as a mat when polishing shoes.

14. Wrap & store Christmas tree ornaments

15. Stuff in wet shoes to dry.

16. Wrap around candle bottoms so they'll fit holders tighter.

17. Line waste baskets.

18. Line a bird cage.

19. Put under car wheels when stuck in snow, mud or sand.

20. Litter Box liners. Place in the bottom of your cats box, you'll use less litter and they'll absorb wetness.

Can you tell I'm a frugal housewife?!

More ideas welcome

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Can you also tell I'm a bit mentally challenged? If someone could tell me how to edit the thread title so it actually has a title then people will know what they're clicking on before they come here and get visually assaulted by my random ramblings. It would be very much appreciated. When I click on the pencil in the corner I get an error message .

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good ideas!!

The title can not be edited.

Yes! Frugal is good.

Go green!!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I just send them to recycle, but what you suggest is good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest