How many Facilities & Farms does the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society now own? $

by Balaamsass 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Can anyone tell me how many Farms and Facilities the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society now owns in the USA? (2011)

How many Assembly Halls?

Kingdom Halls?

• trueblue
    trueblue

How many s?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry, all I know how to do is to find all the legal entities (non-profit organizations) that are in Canada.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As an aside, check out the old movie theatres the WTBTS has purchased and restored.

Cinema Treasures

• factfinder
    factfinder

Well, I do not know of EVERYTHING the society owns and you may already know about these, but in case not, I'll mention them:

In Brooklyn there are 34 properties. Included among them is-

the Office Complex at 50-58 and 25-30 Columbia hts- this includes 7 interconnected buildings with over 704,000 sq ft of floor space

The Factory complex at 117 Adams Street which includes 8 buildings. Among these are the former printery bldgs: 117 Adams Street,

77 Sands Street, 55 Prospect Street, 81 Prospect Street, and 175 Pearl Street; the 30 story residence building at 90 Sands Street

( These are all interconnected by over street bridges and 90 Sands is built onto 175 Pearl ); and a vehicle Repair Garage and a

Recreation Center-both on Adams street. Thus the complex has over 1.3 million sq ft of floor space

There are 4 parking lots and about 14 residence buildings.

All together Brooklyn Bethel includes 3.4 million sq ft of facilities

Watchtower Farms includes 3 farms near Wallkill, NY and on Farm #1 is the large Printing complex which prints books, Bibles, booklets, brochures and tracts for the US, Canada and the Caribbean. Also the magazines are shipped from here to the congs in the US.

The Wallkill printery ( containing pressroom, bindery, shipping, warehouse, offices, personal services and various shops) has 802,917 sq ft of floor space.

Altogether the buildings at Watchtower Farms contain about 2 million sq feet of facilities and over 2,000 acres of crops

The Watchtower Educational Center (WEC) , near Patterson, NY includes 28 interconnected buildings with close to 2 million sq ft pf floor space.

There is also the Patterson Inn for guests to stay at, I believe it has 6-7 buildings.

Patterson Farm is a dairy Farm of over 600 acres.

I don't know how many Kingdom Halls there are, I think there may be 48 Assembly halls.

Perhaps someone else can provide more information?

Anyway- I hope this helps.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thankyou Fact Finder!!

Can any of our International members help with Branch Size? Value? Acres. I would love to get a rough handle of total Net Worth.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

There are 44 assembly halls in the US. I believe that each are owned by a stand alone assembly hall corporation. The estimated value on each hall is between 6-10 million depending on where it is.

SIAM

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

THANKS STUCK IN A MOVEMENT!!

Any idea of how many Kingdom Halls anyone?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Any idea of how many Kingdom Halls anyone?

If nobody else could come up with a better idea - would it be unreasonable to assume about 1 KH per around every 150 witnesses?

(counting some very small congregations of around 50 or less, and some multi-congregation halls with 200-300 JWs as an estimate)?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

would it be unreasonable to assume about 1 KH per around every 150 witnesses?

I think that's a good estimate of congregations, ie one congregation per 150 people, but there are often multiple congregations in a KH. In the town where I live there is 1 KH, and 4 congregations using it.

Now we need a good estimate of congs per hall to arrive at an estimate of how many KHs there are.

But there must be someone out there that knows the actual number of Halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit