What is all the buzz about Steven Hasaan?

by AvocadoJake 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Do you actually belive psychotherapy works or are you like the Health Insurance Industry who belive it's not worth paying for. Where did Steven Hasaan get his doctorate and how many years has he worked in a mental hospital and what is his pioneering research with the brain and mind? Is he a Neuroscientist-Psychiatrist?

• dm6
    dm6

well this is the first i have heard of the said "Steven Hasaan"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

How Steve Hassan could write a book which so accurately describes how the Watchtower operates without knowing anything about them is what the buzz is about.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

http://www.freedomofmind.com/ google the guy

Steve Hassan is good.I have met with him several times and went to his support group at Boston University.

Steve is a zealous EX-Moonie.

Randy Watters can vouch for him to.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I just finished reading Combatting Cult Mind Control. The parallels between all cults surprised me and although he doesn't mention Jws once the control used over it's members is very similar. The issue which is not addressed is that most of those rescued and deprogrammed had not wasted their entire lives in the cult. Most rescued were young and with the help of family and friends able to go on to live normal lives. Born in and subsequent loss of family on exiting the cult was also not mentioned. I will be reading Releasing the Bonds next.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It wasn't until I read Hassan's book that I understood WHY seven million people believe what they read in the WT magazine.

Read his first book and see for yourself. I think you'll learn something new.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I read one of his books. It was ok. Not whoopy doo. My experience must be different from other members. There are many authors on the subject. Certrainly, ones with better academic credentials. I don't know how many others have the personal experience that he does. From the rap on this thread, I was expecting a truly great literary work. I was born in and have been out for decades. It could make a difference.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Steve Hassan's book Combatting Cult Mind Control affirmed my observations about JWs and practices of the WTBTS. I was a little disappointed that Combatting Cult Mind Control did not present information about how to help born-in cult members from escaping a cult, but I understand how difficult it is to help a cult member to create an authentic personality from scratch.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Avocado, please read Hassan's first book. I cannot recommend it enough.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Listen to Mad Sweeney's interview with Steve here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18631988

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit