IT WILL BE versus IT CAN BE

by N.drew 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

The WTBTS teaches that God's Kingdom WILL BE.

I understand that God's Kingdom is something to be requesting. (may your Kingdom come), (keep asking), (follow the way, the truth the life), (faith without works is dead). Logically, in my opinion, if something is viewed as done (it will be), that weakens works toward the goal (it can be). I think Christain believers are in agreement that grace is not something to work for. But isn't the Kingdom something to work for? If someone believes it will come no matter what, then what works can be justified for the hope of it coming?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I believe we have many groups today that foreshadow God's kingdom all around us and all over the earth.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If someone believes it will come no matter what, then what works can be justified for the hope of it coming?

The Witnesses believe that there is a very small amount of people that make up the population of the new world. So, they live their entire lives as a desperate attempt to please God in hopes that they will be among that population.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

God's Kingdom is one thing, I'm sure of that. It is the one thing that can look after the orphans and the widows, the lowest of people. I believe that the sheep are they who's behavior reflects the "law and the prophets", so that the least of "these my brothers" will want to do it.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    The Witnesses believe that there is a very small amount of people that make up the population of the new world. So, they live their entire lives as a desperate attempt to please God in hopes that they will be among that population.

Yes, I was one of them. My point is it is possible for the "new world" or "new system" to be an illusion.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is also possible for the illusion to be made a reality. Not by fitting into the illusion, but by making it the reality. It requires believing because why would intelligence choose vanity? It wouldn't.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It will be (surety) and it can be (possibility) are at odds with each other. Isn't it logical that one cancels the other?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I look at it more like a painted canvas than an illusion.

The Watchtower provides all the tools and understanding and has their members painting pictures of fruit and calling it a tranquility unbeknownst to the outside world. At first, they are scared to start painting on their own and they get a lot of flack for it. Then, they start liking what they are painting and then others start liking it too. The painters deserve more credit than they are actually getting. The Watchtower wants to keep planting in their minds that they were the ones that created the concept of art... which is exactly what Moses did by claiming to be in control of forces he obviously was not in control of.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

It seems to me that the WTS has created a religion which teaches its adherents to work incessantly to earn something that the New Testament says is a gift that cannot be earned.

On the one hand, they talk about Jehovah's "undeserved kindness." On the other hand, they make JWs feel unworthy because they don't deserve it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think we should leave Moses out of this. He's dead.

But this is true: Exodus 20:4 No likeness is to be made of anything in heaven, on earth, or in the water. Doesn't this mean that it is not we who have the mastery over what will be, but it is the spirit that does?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit