LeavingWT's DA letter

by irondork 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• irondork
    irondork

The blood issue has been an ongoing arguement between the roomie and me. Not heated, by any means, but she keeps qouting back established WTS reasoning on the subject.

"It's feeding, Jason. When you take it into your veins it's called feeding." So I let it go. I don't want the discussion to become contentious so I just drop it.

While lurking the other day I came across the pdf of Leavingwt's disassociation letter. For myself, I never realized the historical record of whacko medical advise that has come out of this organization. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore, but I was. I printed out the letter and went to the sofa to read it again, this time with her sitting there watching the tube.

"Whatcha read'n?"

I told her I had been doing more research on the blood issue and came across this letter. I left it on the coffee table and went to bed. She told me the next day she had read the letter and was very impressed.

"It has a greater impact when it's logical and well reasoned like that. Intelligently stated. But the thing that gave it the most credibility was that it was presented with kindness and a level head, not spiteful, angry, hateful."

I agreed. That's the same reason Ray Franz's work is respected by so many and has accomplished so much good, given the credibility that comes with a cool head and responsible presentation.

Thanks for your help, LeavingWT. I think the roomies blood card may end up in the garbage heap where it belongs some day.

Jason

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Do you have a link to where the letter can be found?

• talesin
    talesin

Scenic

The link to Leaving's DA letter is posted on his profile.

http://www.broomeman.com/da_letter.pdf

tal

EDIT and PS: I just did a search for "disassociation letter leavingWT" ,,, the search engine works quite well, though filtering through the results can be confusing at times.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Thank you Talesin!

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, LWT's letter is worth a read every so often for me, just so I remember to express my thoughts in a similar way when talking to Dubs.

Just on the "It's feeding" comment, how stupid is that ? if a man is dying of malnutrition, you can give him as many BT's as you like, if you don't give him food he will die, it ain't feeding !

Try putting that in a kindly LWT way to roomie.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you.

It always warms my heart to learn that it helped someone.

-LWT

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

And thank you LeavingWT.

It is one of the best written, most non-judgmental, clearly stated presentations I have read on the blood issue. This is the way I like to talk to Witnesses (or any one else) regarding Watchtower issues.

When we let the anger show it turns people off because they feel we have an axe to grind, but when it is said the way you have said it, it opens minds. It is seen as educational.

It's his similar approach to exposing WTS issues that attracts me to Ray Franz.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

The feeding comment got me thinking about something you could bring up with the rommie. The Watchtower currently forbids "feeding" on white blood cells through transfusion. But do you know what passes in large amounts from mother to child when the child is breast feeding? White blood cells. They serve a very important immune function for the baby. So from a creationists viewpoint couldn't it be said that God designed breast milk to contain white blood cells? Why would God design breast milk with white blood cells in it if he specifically forbids "feeding" on white blood cells?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks, there are a couple of quotations in this letter I needed.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LWT . . . great overall approach.

Pick a single issue . . . and stitch them up tight as a drum with their own words.

Game, set and match. Thank you umpires, Thank you ball boys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit