"You have instant friends wherever you go"

by AwSnap 20 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I know, that's the problem.

heh heh... good one

Actually the JW version of Worldwide Brotherhood invited con artists, thieves and liars to come prey on the naive and ignorant. I saw it happen more than a couple of times. People visited, or moved in the area, and jumped right into those "instant friendships". Alwasy seemed too convenient to me. And then - shit hit the fan. Property stolen, borrowed, never returned. Favors after favors after favors requested. Money stolen. All kinds of crap.

It got bad enough that I got to where I didn't trust new people that moved in until I got to know them after awhile.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes undercover! I think the FBI should get savvy to it! Go look in the org for those sneaky criminals. I think they'll find a few.

• undercover
    undercover

I think the FBI should get savvy to it! Go look in the org for those sneaky criminals. I think they'll find a few.

Naw... these crooks were common swindlers. Andy and Barney could handle them. The FBI should be saved for the real masterminds... up in Brooklyn

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Silent Mark says hello and that you know you love him ;)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember that rubbish. The "friends(??)" really only wanted someone to work with them in field circus, praise their god even when he is not worthy of it, and reinforce their rubbish beliefs. But, they are of no practical use. Suppose you were living in Mexico in the 1950s and wanted to move to USA (a sound idea at that time), and the witlesses would claim that you would do better in some third world country you never heard of (the need is greater there). They will help you move to that country because they want to see those bigger numbers, but your dream of moving to the USA will never be admitted. Similarly today, if someone living in what used to be the USA but is now the United Tyranny of Stupidity wishes to move to Australia, they will get help moving to Nigeria instead because that's where "the need is greater".

Also, I have had the experience of receiving rubbish as "gifts" from the witlesses. Of course, this was primarily to make the witlesses look better. And by rubbish I mean more than my share of suits that have reached the end of their useful lives or that made me look like a complete dork. I mean "furniture(??)" that was in bad condition (including a coat rack that had its main spindle break under its own weight and defied two attempts to permanently fix it). I mean getting a computer that had Windows 3.0 (in 2001, when XP was new) that basically was only to run the washtowel CD-ROMs (so I could be "spiritually stronger"). To me, that shows me that they only want me as a witless, and as a rubbish dump.

And just wait until you want better. Suppose you believe something is wrong with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. A sound paradigm might only be 85% correct, leaving room for improvement but opening it for legitimate criticism. The witlesses expect you to believe 100%, or there goes whatever "friendship(??)" you had. Suppose, for instance, you wish to move to Australia and they want you in Nigeria. And you go ahead and move to Australia (or New Zealand, which is about as good) anyways. There goes that support, right down the toilet all because you wanted to do something that you, not Jehovah, would benefit from.

Easy come, easy go.

• N.drew
    N.drew

WTWizard LOL. It's not funny, but it is!!!!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I remember a sister sitting alone every lunchtime at work, she didnt want to mingle with non-jws at all.

One day, after she was seen eating alone for several monthes, another employee figured she was shy and walked over to ask her why she sat alone every day, and why she had no friends. With a mad glint in her eye she proudly exclaimed in a strained voice "Oh I have friends! I have 7 million!!"

Except the reality was, she didnt. And she still sat alone for lunch. What an incredibly lonely existance.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One day, after she was seen eating alone for several monthes, another employee figured she was shy and walked over to ask her why she sat alone every day,

and why she had no friends. With a mad glint in her eye she proudly exclaimed in a strained voice

"Oh I have friends! I have 7 million!!"

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/11116777/2/stock-photo-11116777-back-stabber.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Omigod, Pamsgirl.... I can see so many jw's in that situation. Heck, I probably said that in high school.....now I feel like a dork and loser all over again LOL

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

That really does sound like me in school, and after school. I'm trying to fix that now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit