"The 'Borg'

by mauiboy 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• cedars
    cedars

OUTLAW - That's a clever image, I'm impressed!

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW - That's a clever image, I'm impressed!.....Cedars

Thank you!..I stole it!..Resistance was Futile!..

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Borg are a hive community with a hive mentality -- no one is an individual with individual thoughts or feelings. But Seven of Nine escaped. She is like us.

7 of 9

• cedars
    cedars

I knew I bore a striking resemblance to a famous Borg drone, but I couldn't think who. Thanks for reminding me!!

Cedars

• Heaven
    Heaven

Cedars, we are awesome!

Seven of Nine = Deassimilated Human = Awesomeness!.

• N.drew
    N.drew

cedars is a lady???

Star Trek the best advertisement for the local GYM!!

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not a lady, but I do look fetching in a catsuit and a blonde wig, with a bluetooth earpiece over my left eye... just ask Mrs Cedars...

Cedars

• sd-7
    sd-7

"It wasn't enough that you assimilate me. I had to give myself freely to the Borg."--Jean-Luc Picard, "Star Trek: First Contact". I think that's how it works as far as the JW approach to 'assimilating' people. Also, when you're on their ship, the Borg won't attack you unless they think you're a threat. Another similarity to JWs.

--sd-7

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Not to mention it has the convinient coincidence of being very similar to "The Org(anisation)", a word used by the Watchtower probably more than Jesus.

(A poster once did a word check on the WT CD Rom, and found the word "organisation" to be stated more than "Jesus", I believe)

Welcome to the Borganisation :P

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

Wow!! That was more fun than I've had in quite a while. Obviously I'm not a 'Trekie'. Thank you for the whole multi-faceted explanation.....I kind of suspected the 'B'rooklyn 'ORG'anization thing, but Star Trek? .....not in a millenium. Many Mahalos from an island ignoramous, well sort of......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit