The Ideas Thread - all are welcome!

by cedars 54 Replies latest jw friends

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

such a shame this thread has died. I thought something would come of this

cedars in reply to your question

soft+gentle - No, I'm asking whether you think I have contravened posting guidelines, because that is what YOU appear to be insinuating about my quoted comment whilst evidently lacking the courage to say anything outright...

edit post: the silence speaks volumes

I was not insinuating that you were contravening posting guidlines but was questioning how your feelings towards the WTS would translate into action. I am all for revolutionary action so long as it is rational and not driven by extremes. Your position regarding the WTS sounds extreme in the post I quoted but you seem to the type of person who can transmute his feelings of revulsion into positive actions that are not extreme - your survey for example.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

wobble

soft+gentle comes over as a closet JW apologist. soft-in the head and not so gentle, just my impression.

thanks for the compliment - about not being so gentle that is - I try hard not to be a pushover

• cedars
    cedars

Hi soft+gentle, I appreciate your attempted explanation, but I'm still at a loss to explain your sudden outburst, quoted below:

well, cedars, you have explained your motives very well and if this was desseminated on a large scale it would be viewed as criminal

You'll therefore forgive me if I'm a little wary of you, at least for the time being. I haven't been contributing to this post over the last couple of days because my thoughts have been elsewhere, but I will continue to devote consideration to the theme of this thread and try to help anybody who has positive and productive ideas that will help to free more people from the influence of the Society.

Cedars

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The following ideas are more about changes to JWN that might help exJWs and JWs than ideas that exJWs could do:

• Create a forum for storing WTBTS literature or for catagorizing links so that WTBTS literature can be researched on-line.
    • Create a forum for storing ideas such as this thread to empower JWs to promote change in the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

cedars

You'll therefore forgive me if I'm a little wary of you, at least for the time being

as I am of you but I hope for the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit