What was the last meeting you ever went to?

by lilbluekitty 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I figured out it's been 4 months and 5 days since my last meeting ever. July 10th, it was a Sunday. I hadn't been there in 2 months or so and decided to see if anyone noticed I'd been gone. I decided to wear PANTS after a heated debate on Facebook with my JW family, kind of just to prove them wrong. I was given cold stares and angry glares and people who knew I've been baptized for 8 years asked me who I was studying with. ONE person talked to me (for longer than one sentence) and that was one "brother" who was nagging me about turning in my time. He handed me a time slip and I wrote fake hours down and smiled and handed it back. I went to talk to one of my "friends" and she looked down at my pants and shook her head at me and turned away. I decided I would never go to a meeting again.

My outfit, by the way, was completely modest and even classy. I've heard people say you should wear what you would wear to an office so I did. I wore a blue blousey shirt with a nice jacket over it, black trouser pants that were not too tight or too baggy and not too long and some heels. The blouse was not too low and my hair was how I always wore it to the meetings.

I stopped going because of how I was treated and a couple months later signed up on this website which was the first of many "apostate" sites that really opened my eyes. I read CoC too. And I "ain't" going back!

What was your last meeting, how were you treated, and what was your reason for it being your last?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Memorial 2008. I got a lot of "looks" ran out at the amen... one sister ran after me gave me a hug and said "i hope this is just your 1st meeting back" I laughted...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember it was the Sunday public talk and Watchtower Study. I remember before and after the meeting no one spoke to me...at all. Mind you, I have never been disfellowshipped. Although I do believe I may have been "marked".

The only reason I believe this was I remember the second to last Circuit Assembly I went to. There was a talk which had an example of a brother who drifted away because of his involvement in his union at work. I thought, "Hey! That's me. Wow! I'm being used as an example of what not to do."

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

November 2008.

It wasn't planned, though we had been going to fewer and fewer meetings. We were given a new venue for our Tuesday night Group which we never attended so weren't missed at our usual Group and since we never ever went to our new assigned Group weren't missed there either. Also, my husband did shift work so we were never able to go to every meeting anyway so I think this all helped us getting away with fewer meetings before anyone really noticed.

They kept hounding us at home though, I tried mostly not to answer the door. We have since moved house so we are well away from everyone we knew thank goodness.

A fresh start in a new are has really worked for us.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I'd say around the time I found out I was 5 months pregnant.... and his 8 months now... you will have to do the math cause I'm not sure. haha

I was wanting to go back to get my family out but now it's all on them now to get their selves out...

I have a family of my own I need to take care of now! :)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

November 19, 2010. I had told the elders weeks before I wanted to stop pioneering. They didn't want that. They called me into the backroom after the meeting. One thing led to another I told them I no longer wanted to be a ministerial servant either. They pressed me into telling them what I really thought of the doctrine. I told them I wouldn't be coming back to the meetings. Man, the PO who I looked up to all those years looked so lost and befuddled when I brought up legit points to say Watchtower doctrine was wrong. When I had another elder visit me a couple weeks after I got so enraged. I am normally a cool collected person when put under pressure but I definitely raised my voice at him. "The WT is lying and they know it! How can you support them when they are knowingly misleading people? Its the same dishonesty that the WT accuses false religion of!"

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

got suckered into going to the 05 memorial

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

now thinking of it.... I lied it was the 2009 memorial It just feels longer then that...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

memorial 1993 and I nearly walked before the opening song, nothing until a brief visit to the 1994 DC(too hot) then nothing until the 2010 memorial where I partook at my local cong (Sutton Surrey).

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Unfortunately last night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit