What is the most embarassing moment you've had while still a JW?

by african GB Member 18 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I remember having to preach to my girlfriend/classmate while i was still at school. I was with one of the elders and it was my 'house' to preach.

Wished i could vanish from the surface of the earth.

• glueman
    glueman

Having an elderly sister ask me for my help with her problem of masturbating several times a day.

No offense to the elderly or to the masturbators

• freshstart
    freshstart

Glueman - OMG!! I couldn't help but laugh at that one!! I guess she was feeling guilty about feeling herself

• Bella15
    Bella15

LOL @ Glueman! Elderly sister ..OMG!!! Poor thing.

• Blind Willie McTell
    Blind Willie McTell

Farting REALLY loudly at the book study. I was so embarrassed....

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

glueman holy crap!!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Glueman, what did you counsel ? And was she successful ?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

When I was a kid (and therefore we still met at people's houses for the book study), we were in someone's basement and we were sitting on metal seats. My sister leaned over and farted, right into the seat while a paragraph was being read. It was one of those really long farts with a whine at the end. :P I felt so embarassed for my sister but then my mother made it worse and hissed my sister's name. I was sitting next to her so naturally everyone's gaze fell on me AND my sister, even though I didn't do it. My face burned for a long time with embarassment for her and, I'm sad to say, shame at her being my sister.

It was always horrible going to houses and meeting my friends at school, some of whom didn't know I was a JW and found out the hard way.

I think the most embarassing thing as a kid anyway (besides having people make fun of my meeting clothes when we'd go to the grocery store after the meeting) was this weird part my dad had where my sister and I had to pretend we were fighting on the platform so my dad told us we should bring a doll to play tug of war with and say "give it! it's MINE" and stuff. I think the part was about how to witness to people who are busy and don't have time to talk. This other sister pretended to be our mother and my sister and I are in the background behind her trying to yell and look like we were fighting even though it's wrong to do that at the hall while my dad was pretending to give her (the one playing our mother) magazines and she was busy pretending to yell at us. It was just a really weird part but my dad loved to have props (he had this public talk he was famous for where he would use our Play Doh to explain how Jehovah molds us). But the most embarassing part was that I was 10 or so and didn't play with toys much anymore so when people saw me walk in the hall with a doll it was awful how many people told me I should be ashamed of bringing toys to the hall, espescially at my age. I still cringe when I think of that night!

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Oh but really the most embarassing thing for me was having to explain to a judicial committee a couple years ago what I meant by living with my husband before we got married and when they asked me if it was intercourse, oral sex, or anal sex? I was like, um, we did everything. That and the shame of hearing the announcement that I'd been reproved when I had just started making friends with people in that congregation. I got treated a lot differently after that.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

I might have farted in the bookstudy too as a kid. During a quiet moment too No one looked at me or said anything but they must have heard.

There were a few in field service. The worst was this time when the elders directed us to knock at the back doors of houses in a street as they were closer to where we were and saved us walking all the way round the front . I felt uncomfortable and tried to protest but I was working with my mother and she told me, pretty much, to shut up and do as I was told. We knocked at this one door and got no answer, then I realised that it's resident, a wrinkly old lady, was sunbathing topless in a sun lounger in the garden! Fortunately she was napping and hadn't seen us so I tried to slink away so she'd never know we'd walked into her garden and seen her. But then my mum spotted her and convinced that it was a man(!!) started yelling to get her attention. I was hissing "mom, leave it, let's just go" but she ignored me and carried on shouting "Excuse me.... we're JWs". The poor woman woke up, bemused, then clearly extremely embarrassed as she remembered she was half naked. My mom started to try to preach to her, still thinking it was a man (her eyesight isn't too good) until the woman told us to clear off. I wished the ground could swallow me up

There was another time in FS when I approached a woman gardening, she had her back to me and I thought it was a man (maybe I have poor eyesight too) and I said "Good morning Sir". She turned around and glared at me and I just continued with my presentation like nothing had happened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit