Giving a thorough witness at the laundry

by irondork 10 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

There are a couple of public laundry facilities I pass by every day on my way to and from work. On the occassions I have to take my bed comforter down to the big machines, I always see the magazines sitting around. I'm thinking of making a bi-weekly stop at these places to add a note to each magazine.

I noticed on this forum someone suggested using a marker to write jwfacts.com, or some such thing. I decided against defacing the magazine and instead slip this inside the front cover or tape it to the front.

WARNING!

The magazine you are holding is published by the religious corporation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The attractive cover, colorful pictures and message of enjoying blissful happiness in paradise on earth very soon is extremely attractive. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!

The contents of this magazine and it’s publishing company, Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., are precisely what our Christ warned us about at Mathew 23:27 - You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

Educate yourself. Read your bible daily. Pray incessantly. Rely on Jesus to lead you to fountains of life. (Revelation 7:17) That’s what I learned to do upon escaping this dangerous organization.

jwfacts.com freeminds.org

Too wordy? Should I add? Subtract? Rephrase? Constructively criticize, please.

• silver rhino
    silver rhino

Too wordy. If I saw that I would think it was from some religious organization in "competition" with JW's, and I would not finish reading the note or the magazine. However, The truth about JW's @ jwfacts.com and freeminds.org would peak my interest. That's just me.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

probably better to just throw them out

• JAFO
    JAFO

I always file them in the nearest bin.. "the public should be protected..."

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Perhaps a peel-and-stick label that simply directs a person to those websites?

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, a peel & stick label that says "You are invited to check out the information at jwfacts.com and freeminds.org." may even appear to be an add-on to the mag.

That way, the 'interested one', or even a JW who is reading the mag, may decide to check out the sites.

tal

• Quandry
    Quandry

Don't they leave the magazines free for the public? I, representing the public, pick them up, decide I don't want them, and throw them away.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

How about this :

"I went through all the trouble of writting, printing and pasting this note here just to warn you not to read it.....I know it would have been easier just to trash this magazine to prevent you from reading it but if I did that then how would you even know not to read it"

Now DO NOT THINK OF A YELLOW DUCK

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I look to see if anyone is looking and throw up in the trash bin. The owner is Mennonite. I doubt he wants them in there.

Large machines get a lot of house owners. Comforters and horse blankets.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The public have little interest in those rags, a readers digest will get thumbed thru more.

They probably have less interest in the oposing material, even though i think its great what you want to acheive.

Go past every couple of days and remove/bin those mags.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit