"We Bring Them In The Front Door, Only To Have The Angels Throw Them Out The Back Door!A"

by AvocadoJake 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

What? They don't do sheparding calls anymore?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea, did they cease that work? Not that any cong I knew actually participated more than a few weeks beyond the last CO visit

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What? They don't do sheparding calls anymore?

I don't think they have for years..........that's just what they call it when they come to hound you.

DOC

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

She was actually WAY out of line for making that comment, and should have been approached after the meeting about it. Had that comment been made at our congregation, she definately would have been approached immediately after the meeting. As far as shepherding calls are concerned, that's always been an issue, and always will be. Between elders already having families of their own, and enough on their plates as it is, and then determining whether or not a person really even wants to be shepherded, and cases of individuals and families who've recieved numerous shepherding calls and didn't respond to any counsel of constructive criticism, it's kinda difficult to gauge whether its necessary or effective amongst other possibilities.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

She is a first-class product of the Watchtower Society. You cannot tell people continuously they are something special, and then not expect them to look down on others. There are people who think like that in every congregation.

To be honest, if the angels are bringing new ones to the KH, they do a crappy job, and if they work others out the back door, they do a crappy job on that one too. There are quite some elders around here who can show them how it's done (the working out the door bit, I mean. Bringing people in... don't mention it).

I think angels have nothing to do with it. I find it so funny, Elders claim from the platform the Witnesses are guided and supported by the greatest power in the Universe, the Holy Spirit of God, however they can do nothing to stop Kingdom halls from getting empty. Looks like the greatest power is out of gas... or it is not guiding and supporting the Witnesses at all. You pick which one it is.

Hoffnung

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit