Is Field Service really a Commandment?

by Quarterback 32 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even if it was, they rendered it mathematically impossible to give acceptable service. You are required to do it, and it is required to be voluntary. To me, doing something that is required is not voluntary, which disqualifies it. They also require you to voluntarily do to the absolute maximum of your ability, at great personal cost and hardship. Of course, if it is a requirement, one cannot do it voluntarily--which automatically disqualifies the "you must do it voluntarily" requirement.

To top it off, they alter publications to "prove" it is in the Bible that you must go door to door. They tamper with the Bible itself--deleting and altering passages to make the Bible fit their doctrine instead of altering their doctrine to fit the Bible. The passage at John 1:1 is the most blatant of these. And, their littera-trash further tampers with the meaning. "Where else shall we go" is very common--the Bible said "To WHOM shall we go", not "WHERE else shall we go". This tampering with the Bible, taking passages out of context, is extremely common and the Washtowel Slaveholdery will do whatever it takes to make field circus look scriptural.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Everyone I know who's a dub says it's a commandment...I disagree though, I don't see in the Bible that it's a commandment for everyone...

• scotoma
    scotoma

Quarterback:

That's not what that scripture (James 3:1) applies to. James (or whoever wrote that) is really promoting the development of a clergy class. He's saying that you shouldn't have a dozen overseers in a congregation.

This scripture is similar: 2Tim 4:3 "in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit