Shunning is so stupid

by AwSnap 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I cannot seem to shake the visual image I have from about 5 days ago. I went over to my mom's house, and apparently she didn't mention it to my younger sister (who lives in their downstairs apartment). She and her baby were visiting with my mom, and when she saw me walking up the side walk, she grabbed her toddler up in her arms and I saw her hauling ass down the stairs....the toddler didn't understand why she was just snatched up and hauled away and started screaming.

I couldn't help but just shake my head. Nobody else in my family is shunning me. I'm not df'd. However, about 2 years ago, sis and I had a discussion about why I don't believe in the jw's anymore. Since then, she's been shunning me. Her husband has told people I gave her apostate literature. I *did* give her some things I typed up....however, it ALL had WT and jw references. Nothing was blatently apostate. I wasn't trying to be sneaky.

It's not fair that we ("apostates") are not allowed to say why we don't believe anymore. I wanted to post something on my facebook about this, but I have both non-jw's and current jw's on there. Don't wanna start a fight. It 's just frustrating.

Thanks for listening.

• Quandry
    Quandry

You're welcome.

Your sister is being faithful to the rules. Hopefully one day she'll read something for herself that makes her stop and think about some of the things you wrote to her. I hope you called out "Hi, Sis," as she was running!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

FB I posted when i was shunned by my brother and no one deleted me and have a dozen JW's but noticed recently it's down to one

Yes shunning is so stupid

• watson
    watson

That treatment is supposed to help you run back to the organization, and the almighty...

• nugget
    nugget

So sorry. This is no way to act you have to wonder if their faith is that shallow they are in serious danger of losing their religion at every turn. It is very scary to be a JW these days.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Lately,Im thinking that it is an ego thing w.folks who have nothing else in their lives to feel good about.Like they are so pious,and so into their own stuff,its kinda like the gamers who are on level 67 of a game and look down their nose at non gamers.In real life,it means nothing.Im dealing w.this right now in the hospital w.my mum.My sister wasnt even civil to me,to say hello or even directly ask me a question.They were awful.Now,Ive moved my mum to another hospital,w/guarded phone and room access.NO one is allowed,but me.And miraculously,since I can focus on her,and not the aggrivation of the dubs,my mum has turned a corner and seems to be holding on..Plus,Im making all of the decisions. Shunning is stupid,and make people who do it look stupid.We just have to ignore their pretend fantasies.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I totally agree! My sister is a pioneer now but a little over a year ago she was just baptised and was shunning me full force... she still does shunning but in not as a rude way. I wrote her during that time too about what I was finding out with resources from the watchtower and bible and she said she deleted all of it and didn't even want to read it! It seem to apostate to her. She said she had a funny feeling and it felt wrong to read.

Not my mother nor my grandma shuns me the ways she does. But my father side is worse then that they don't even check to see how my 8 mth old son and I are doing.

So I totally understand where you are coming from.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks for the support.

I have a 5 month old, and my sister has never asked how she is doing and only met her briefly when my father babysat for an hour for me (I had already left to run errands). Now she is 5 months pregnant and I JUST FOUND OUT from the receptionist at my office landlord's office. How's THAT for shitty. Actually, I knew she was pregnant long before, but only because I'd logged into my mom's FB acct without her knowledge. The non-jw receptionist (I don't even know the woman's name) is the first person who officially told me.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I wanted to post something on my facebook about this, but I have both non-jw's and current jw's on there. Don't wanna start a fight. It 's just frustrating.

Create Facebook lists. I have one called "people who are not cool with XJW stuff." Then when I want to post something that would offend some FB friends I just select "post to everyone except" and choose my "not cool" list. Works wonders!

Sorry you had to see that pathetic display of your sisters, that was low.

-Sab

• iclone
    iclone

Well you can't really blame your sister; afterall the rhetoric as of late from the WTS regarding the "mentally diseased". Most JW's believe that this condition is extremely contagious and if you are within close proximity to run to the other side of the road and duck for cover, or like your sister, seek shelter in her home proteced by Holy Spirit (on loan from the annointed class) and to pray fervently to Jehovah to please have this Mentally Diseased one pass over your household. Don't be surprised if she keeps an ample supply of goats blood to paint her door posts for protection!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit