Vacation Photos!!

by Berengaria 55 Replies latest social entertainment

• poppers
    poppers

Great photos - I really love the Yosemite Falls one. Anymore shots of Switzerland? I'm nostgalic as well for Switzerland even though I've never been there (it is in my bloodlines).

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I LOVE all these pics and I LOVE vacations! Keep 'em coming folks

*pokes Beks with a stick* Wake up girl!!

• poopsiecakes
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ooohhh now that's my City Poopsie! Great pic!

I have chores to do!! But Honey Bunny and I are supposed to work on our trip pics this afternoon. Organizing folders and getting some of them in Photobucket.

Poppers,

we added 3 days in Switzerland at the end of a 3 week trip to Italy and Greece. I'm so glad we did, it was absolutely amazing. The place we stayed was unbelievable, sort of on the edge of one side, looking across to the Alps. The only way to get there is in a cable car, gondola.

Open Mind,

I have wanted to go to Europe for as long as I can remember, seriously, my entire life. I finally made it to the above mentioned places, and I really don't know if I could choose a favorite. We plan on seeing other areas of Europe, England and such, but now all I want to do is go back to Italy.....................and Greece......................and Switzerland....

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I love this!!! How far north is that Sab?

Scenic, how did you take that shot of the Falls? Love the Lady Bugs!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Sabastious and Poppers,

Thank you for the nice remarks.

@Berengaria, how did you take that shot of the Falls

The picture was not so hard to get. It was taken from Glacier Point, a place that overlooks Yosemite Valley. (Beautiful view by the way; you can see the whole valley right below you, and all the main granite landmarks are about on your level. Half Dome is to your right, so close!)

The waterfall is across the valley, far away on the opposite wall. I heard somebody say 'Look at the rainbow on the falls'. I had to wait my turn to get to the rail for a clear view, then braced the camera against the rail to hold it steady...it was a long telephoto shot. The rainbow covered the bottom part of the falls.

The colorizing was done by experimenting in Photoshop.

Thank you for liking the photos!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I love this!!! How far north is that Sab?

Very northern tip of California, only 60 miles south of Oregon.

-Sab

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Oooohhhhhhhhh, it's pretty in here!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Beks, if you don't start putting up pictures of Italy, I will!

• Berengaria

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit