Your most DISTURBING WATCHTOWER Bethel/Branch experience? (No full names please)

by Balaamsass 165 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

open mind,

I knew "Lyman" personally. In fact, I know his entire family, including his dad "Doc" and his brothers and sister. I played the piano at his sister's (now deceased) wedding when Lyman came to his home town and performed his sister's marriage ceremony. I dined with him. I'm still good friends with his younger brother's son, having hooked up with him in the last two years, or so. We went skiing together a million years ago, and we used to play games together, and we are still friends all these many years later. I went out on a date with Lyman's nephew's sister. I adored Lyman's brother's family. They were what one would call "liberal" dubs.

Lyman was the salt of the earth kind of guy. As evil as any GB member can be, he was probably one of the best evil "good guys" there was on the GB. Ray Franz thought of him that way and said so in his first book.

I'll see if I can dig up the thread written by my friend who was Lyman's nephew and post it, ok?

Wait a minute, "M"! Didn't I already give you that story after we had lunch together?

Farkel, Alzheimer's CLASS

• dm6
    dm6

Wow this is really interesting stuff... are you guys serious about all of this? Or is this a joke? sorry.. i am not trolling im being sincere... i only studied for a short while and dont know a whole lot of stuff about bethel....

• biff mcfly
    biff mcfly

The cleaning crew went through me albums while I was working...damn snoops..turned me in to the home overseer..i believe they were most upset over the images on my Pink Floyd Album..The Wall..they asked my what I planned to do with them. I asked them what they wanted me to do with them since I never listed to them (my record player was broken). They said I had to decide what to do to with them and then let them know. It was clearly implied that if I didn't throw them out, I was in big trouble. I had already turned in my notice to leave within the month..so I hid them and told them I threw them out. They found them again right before I left and wrote a letter to my congregation telling them how evil I was.hahha..i hate those bastards.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

When I was at Bethel they had two libraries. I had access to the library used by the writting staff. My second or third time there I was just browsing the shelves when I came across all these old Witchcraft books. A LOT of them. Like HOW TO DO IT STUFF with some pentagrams and goats heads on the covers. For me it was like WHAAAAAAAT??? Dan Sydlick and another Brother looked up from the tables and watched me looking at them. I was shocked, growing up JW we would have burned those things...here they were at headquarters...

Dan must have seen my expression so he asks some 'if there was a problem". And he said something to the effect of "you can't write about something unless you read about it."........

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Yes DM6, This stuff is real. People are people. Everyone has hormones and drives. It is like the Wizard of OZ though..people are looking for the great OZ, but behind the curtain are just some frail humans. The evil part is when they pretend they are devine and want to bump Jesus to be your mediator.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

I think what is often forgotten is that JWs are constantly reminded that this is God's organization! So, you expect much from the so-called House of God (Bethel). Also, when someone is studying with JWs and making progress (to the point of baptism) they are pumped - by the so-called friends -with all these wonderful stories of how wonderful Jehovah's Witnesses are and how demonized everyone else is. (I mean, Jehovah's Witnesses and this religion is elevated to a very high pedestal!) It is no surprise that when reality hits, it can be difficult for many JWs to appreciate the chasm between what they were taught [in the beginning] and the true realities of this religion! While they hang on to the teaching that man is imperfect and so are all JWs, many eventually learn that this excuse could be used by ALL religions! Thus, the religion of JWs - in so many ways - is just like every other religion. A hoax! Just another man-made religion "claiming" to be something it is NOT.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "My second or third time there I was just browsing the shelves when I came across all these old Witchcraft books. A LOT of them. Like HOW TO DO IT STUFF with some pentagrams and goats heads on the covers. ..." [Balaamsass]

Dammit!!

No wonder I can't find those wonderful old books online, anymore!!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, JoePublisher1!!

Welcome to the board!!!

If you feel like it, you might want to skip over to this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/217976/1/Welcome-Newbies-New-Posters-How-has-this-Board-Assisted-You

And make a "hello" post!

Zid

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

Balaamsass, here's what I posted on your original thread:

My most disturbing Bethel experience was when my husband hooked up with someone else’s wife and I was not allowed to sit in on the judicial meetings to hear what he had to say or to keep him honest about the nature of our relationship. And then how he wasn’t disfellowshipped, although he never asked me to take him back and clearly told me of his intention to be with her. And how when I spoke with others like Brother Sydlik and one of the brothers in the Service Dept who was a family friend it was implied that I had been frigid in my relationship. And how every Bethel elder seemed to know what had been said by my husband but I could not be privy to it as a sister. All of that (and more) was very disturbing, but in retrospect I’m glad it happened because it helped to nudge me out. Eventually. To use one of their illustrations, I was like a fan that was unplugged; I was still spinning, but more and more slowly until I finally stopped.

ML

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To MochaL, I really feel for you.You suffered a terrible experience.(((((((mochaLatte)))))))) I too was slandered by my unfaithful ex who pulled the "she didnt render her marital due" excuse.Those lying horndogs get sympathy b/c some woman do beg off. However, even if it were true , the Bible says adultry is a sin and gives no free passes for real or imagined inadequte sex. After all, single people are expected to be TOTALLY celebate. Glad you're out. Just curious, is there someone new in your life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit