Lessons the Governing Body should take from the Joe Paterno scandal (but probably won't)

by sir82 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

shake it like a dead rat...LOL

Zid - you and I have had too many cats for too many years...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, actually, that's more of a doggie behavior...

My bull mastiff/german shepherd mix and my border collie/german shepherd/blue heeler/dalmation/dingo mix, both would shake pretend "prey" - a rope, a rag, my socks [] like a "dead rat"

I've never seen a cat shake it's prey back and forth like a dog does...???

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just asking politely if perhaps you ladies have strayed OFF TOPIC?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Not at all James...Why do you ask?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You ladies feel free to stray all you like, ok?

By the way, Zid, are we FB friends? I get the JWN screennames and the FB names mixed up.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "By the way, Zid, are we FB friends? I get the JWN screennames and the FB names mixed up. ..."

Dunno....

[And since the "thread police" have apparently shown up, how am I gonna make this sound like it's "on topic"???

Uhm, the Governing Body ought to allow JW kids to go onto Facebook!! That way, the kids will have more confidence to speak out about abuse!!!

ER, wait, no, that's not right... The Governing Body would NEVER allow victims to gain enough confidence to challenge the system...

[Mad Sweeney, I might be - you can PM me, and when I go on Facebook a month from now, I'll look you up...]

Zid

• flipper
    flipper

" Lessons the Governing Body should take from the Joe Paterno scandal...... " Go to the police first and foremost when child abuse is reported within your congregations - whether or not it's a reporting state or non-reporting state. Do the right, ethically moral thing to protect the children first and foremost. It's nice to dream the WT society would do this - but it ain't gonna happen. The WT society is concerned with financial liability first and foremost - not children

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit