Elderelite where is audio from zone meeting that you promise ...

by obarac 18 Replies latest jw friends

• average joe
    average joe

I also sent a request via pm and no answer hehe I know people are busy and it takes a lot of effort to share such a big file. However, elderelite I am also waiting for the audio if you can find the time to upload the talk either in whole or in pieces :) Thank you for the hard work involved with recording and sharing this file :)

• factfinder
    factfinder

I am interested in the statistics, especially regarding literature production. thanks.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

scotoma: Selected ones are invited to "reward" the Diamond Distributors.

Not qualifying for Diamond Level (good one scot), I did not get a reserved seat ticket, however I understand the US Branch claims 3% increase last year. A little over 1 million pubs in US/Canada/Turks/Bahamas?, so 30,000(?) new ones? Now does that mean 30,000 baptisms? or 30,000 increase in pubs? Difference being that 30,000 baptized would mean less of an increase after factoring in how many went inactive, fading or DFd.

DOC

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'm hoping thev 2011 SY report will be leaked out over the next few weeks and someone will have it and share the info with us.

Baptism figures do not always correspond with the years increase in publishers because you must first be a publisher to get baptized and some publishers put off getting baptized for a while.

I'm a good example! I first began studying in July of 1976, started in FS in November of 1976, but did not get baptized until May 1978!

So I was counted as a publisher from late 1976, but NOT added to the number baptized in the 1976 or 1977 SYs- only the 1978 SY report reported my baptism-but I had been a regular publisher for one and a half years BEFORE that!

I read once that 25% of all publishers are not baptized. Some never will be and some won't get baptized the same SY that they begin as publishers.

I don't believe, therefore, that baptismal figures for any given year can be accuratley used to ascertain how many fall away either since baptism figures are already included in the publisher figures- I cite my self as a good example.

Therefore I just subtract the new years publishers from the previous years, to see what the increase in publishers was that year.

Since no figures are provided by the society as to how many were disfellowshiped or DA'd that year, it is not possible to find an accurate number and therefore pointless to speculate on it, IMHO.

By comparing Average publishers with peak pubs we may get an idea of how many are not regularly reporting fs.

• wobble
    wobble

It is an intersting exercise though to compare the number baptised over a longer period, say 20 years, and allowing for 1 or 1.5% death rate, then see what the increase Net should have been.

The missing are either DF'd, DA'd or simply walked away, and over twenty years there are THOUSANDS of us, who have done one of the three.

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TUEEQKMC98GNAQLVG

(if I am not suppose to shows this site like this, please let me know.)

This shows a few 'unconfirmed' worldwide totals. The percentage of avg. pio. increase is not accurate. Of course, aux. pio. shows dramatic increase. But we know how they did that in counting 30 hr auxs. in April. Also, is listed the total of 'special' pio. I haven't seen that listed as such in previous Annual Service Reports.

• factfinder
    factfinder

GAYLE-

Thank you!

if these figures are correct the increase of Average pubs was 170,742. The increase for 2010 was 178,511.

i wonder what the peak pubs was? 7.6 or 7.7 million?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

How about uploading here: http://www.jwfiles.co.uk/

It was set up by Nicholau.

• obarac
    obarac

Elderelite did you post link from zone meeting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit