Is there a Jehovah's Witness gestalt?

by Terry 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hey! How come my question remains unanswered? Just because N Drew can't understand it without more words?

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

Me and he are NOT the same people. Maybe he thought it was rhetorical.

• Terry
    Terry

So what you're saying is that the best course of action for EXJW's to take is to do nothing in hopes of trauma befalling their loved ones?

-Sab

Who is saying that? Have you ever tried to "help" an alcoholic or drug addict?

They have to hit bottom and run out of delusions before you can do anything for them and most of that is what THEY do for themselves.

It is no different for JW's.

Remember, I said:

Only one thing can change the shape of their brain-map and shatter the gestalt.

A sudden sharp blow at just the right angle! Dramatic TRAUMA.

Being disfellowshipped, marked, or shunned could do it. Needing love and sympathy and NOT getting it from the bros. and sisters could be another.

It differs from JW to JW.

The curtain has to be pulled back and reality must be fully in view.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd:

Mythbusters Polishing a Turd

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My favorite gestalt

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Who is saying that? Have you ever tried to "help" an alcoholic or drug addict?

A drug addict takes something from the external world to fill a void within themself. I won't deny that Witnesses are "hopped up", but I think it's a mistake to make a direct comparison between people addicted to external things and people addicted to internal concepts. Especially when figuring out where one stands as a helper or enabler of their dysfunctional life/behaviours.

Yes, the Witnesses are a "gestalt", but I think that's more reason to try to help ease them into reality. I don't feel comfortable standing idle by hoping that some tramatic event comes, which will have it's own chaos, to somehow solve the problem at hand, which really is just an exercise in information control.

-Sab

• Terry
    Terry

A drug addict takes something from the external world to fill a void within themself. I won't deny that Witnesses are "hopped up", but I think it's a mistake to make a direct comparison between people addicted to external things and people addicted to internal concepts. Especially when figuring out where one stands as a helper or enabler of their dysfunctional life/behaviours.

Yes, the Witnesses are a "gestalt", but I think that's more reason to try to help ease them into reality. I don't feel comfortable standing idle by hoping that some tramatic event comes, which will have it's own chaos, to somehow solve the problem at hand, which really is just an exercise in information control.

-Sab

Understood.

What you would call "help" is demonic intrusion to a Jehovah's Witness, however!

You spoke of CONCEPTS. Jehovah's Witnesses are taught context-dropping in all their CONCEPT formations.

Whenever you tear an idea from its context and treat it as though it were a self-sufficient, independent item, you invalidate the thought process involved. If you omit the context, or even a crucial aspect of it, then no matter what you say it will not be valid . . . .

A context-dropper forgets or evades any wider context. He stares at only one element, and he thinks, “I can change just this one point, and everything else will remain the same.” In fact, everything is interconnected. That one element involves a whole context, and to assess a change in one element, you must see what it means in the whole context.

Jehovah's Witnesses disconnect from actual reality, which is the ONLY CONTEXT that matters in day to day living! They are made to see the real world as vile, polluted, dangerous and demonic. In place of REALITY a pretend world replaces it: Theocratic Ark.

A JW's life, ripped from practical considerations, doesn't function. They don't get a good education. They don't have social opportunity. They don't plan for the actual future or retirement financially.

Unless and untl the ACTUAL CONTEXT is restore; every "help" you offer is seen as poisonous and vile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit