Lord, to whom would we go away to? ... Who is your mediator?

by ShadesofGrey 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Tammy, Wobble, I think we have narrowed it down. Thank you for your help!

Thanks Jonathon.

Jeffro, IMO, the idea that a human being who is not being influence by evil (since in their mind evil as a noun does not exist) would come on a thread and bother someone who is trying to rescue people from a destructive cult is also crazy.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Shades, your last edits are, IMHO, much more effective!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro, IMO, the idea that a human being who is not being influence by evil (since in their mind evil as a noun does not exist) would come on a thread and bother someone who is trying to rescue people from a destructive cult is also crazy.

If you're trying to save them from a cult, why not focus on actual problems rather than quibbling about alternative interpretations of doctrines that cannot be proven either way.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

If you watch ex-gilead missionary's youtube videos and read the comments you will understand. JWs think that their doctrine is based on the Bible. Prove to them that it isn't.

My story is quite a bit different from others. Personally, I would not have ever been mentally free without Christ. He personally led me out of the cult.

Love,

Shades

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was sent for campaign training. The slogans are nonsensical. I live in PA now. Ed Rendell was running for re-election. HIs tag line on every advertisement and commercial was "moving PA forward." It did not identify his party, his political views, his achievements, or his experience. Short and catchy. Most people who are Christian assume Christ is their mediator. It sounds like an excellent example. As I've posted, I never had a clue about JW Jesus being different from everyone else's Jesus until I read Franz book. Jesus seemed to be Jesus which is not true at all.

Jesus' position goes to the core of Witness doctrine. Jesus so permeates Western culture that most people have a secular concept of Jesus.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Thanks everyone.

I added the phrase

He is the mediator … to only 144,000 members to the prince of peace quote.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

“There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.”-- 1 Timothy 2:5)

But the Watchtower says: "Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the mediator … to only 144,000 members " -- Worldwide Security under the Prince of Peace , page 10

John 6:67 So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to go away also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.

But the Watchtower says: " come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation ," Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.21

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I still think this scripture is a great one to put on the Church sign, but there is so much there I don't think it will be absorbed... maybe verse 4 on the front and verse 5 on the back or something?

It also would be good to put on the tract?

2 Cor. 4: 4 “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.”

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

2 Cor. 4:4 does not on its face repudiate Witness doctrine. The other scriptures do. There is a nice black and white dichotomy. You need no additional info. to get the point. IMO.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Yeah, okay, thanks. That makes sense. All I needed was to realize that the WT was calling the governing body the Greater Moses. Boom! I was fully out in that moment, and my heart began to sing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit