How do you go on when married to a JW who doesn't want to be a JW

by marriedtoajw 20 Replies latest social current

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "But for now I'd like to as you why would my wife dress up as a Fairy for Holloween and go with me to a Holloween party? Why would she go with me to every celebration that she's suppose to abstain from even when I tell her it's ok if she doesn't? Why does she attend meetings only once every three months? Why does she talk about going back to college? Why does she allow her Non-JW family to take her out to dinner for her Birthday where the waiters sing for her and give her a cake with candles when she must have known this would happen? Why would she talk about future celebrations like Birthday Parties for our kids and my relatives and help plan them? Why would she be in my Nieces Quinceniera ceremony presided over by a Catholic Priest and neil down in front of an alter?
    Why would she do these things if in fact she wants to be a JW? Then she tries to drag my daugher to meetings and my oldest son to assemblies. ..."

Ah, I can identify with your confusion...

I observed the same sort of hypocritical behavior in my parents, both became Jehovah's Witnesses at around the same time and both used intimidation and physical violence to bully and batter me into the religion...

While, at the same time, THEY would drag us children out to look at CHRISTMAS LIGHTS every December, and would buy us "non"-Christmas presents...!!!

Their blatant hypocrisy was instrumental in helping me see that the Watchtower religion - cult - was NOT for me...

But in the depths of their hypocrisy, they were only imitating their masters in Brooklyn... Who order their members to cut off anyone leaving the religion, but then publish - in the July 2009 "Awake" magazine - the article entitled, "Is It Wrong To Change Your Religion?"

The Watchtower Corporation denigrated the United Nations as the "beast with seven heads and ten horns" from Revelation, for at least 30 years, while secretly JOINING the U.N. as a "Non-Governmental Organization" - apparently with the intent of using said membership to gain access to many more nations for the purpose of proselytizing...

The Watchtower Corporation declares that gambling is sinful, while engaging in "hedge funds" to increase their wealth.

The Watchtower Corporation demands that their followers stay strictly neutral from all military actions and groups, yet has invested in the Rand Cam corporation which produces weapons for use by the military...

The Watchtower Corporation has had some extremely hypocritical leaders - "Judge" Rutherford leaps to mind, who had at least one long-time mistress and ordered that liquor be shipped into Bethel during Prohibition...

So, hypocrisy seems to be innately incorporated into the Watchtower Corporation's behavior - and therefore, to a lesser extent, into the behaviors of the average Jehovah's Witness...

Hope this helps to explain her bizarre actions... I was horrified and terribly confused when I saw my parents' hypocrisy, until I grasped the fact that the hypocrisy was ingrained into the religion itself...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit