Watchtower 2008 says belief in Evolution makes you a helpless lost Orphan???

by Witness 007 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watch feb 1st "If we really are the product of Evolution and there is no creator, the human race would in a sense be an ORPHAN. Mankind would have no source of superior wisdom to consult - no one to help us solve our problems. We would have to resort to human wisdom to avert ENVIROMENTAL DISASTER. to solve POLITICAL CONFLICTS and to guide us through personal crisis. Do these prospects bring you peace of mind? If not consider the alternative. Not only is it more appealing it makes more sense..."

I'm sooo glad Jehovah is helpng us with global warming...and assisting the U.N with political crises problems around the world....THANKS DAD!!!!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

still fixing our own problems since 10,000BC

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So the WT says we should consult the same jerkwad who supposedly flooded the whole globe just because he was annoyed by humanity for environmental help. And then we're supposed to go to the same guy whose main political policy was GENOCIDE for political help. Great plan!!!

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Even before I was an atheist, this sort of thinking was hard for me to swallow. Basically, it's a purely emotional argument. "See, doesn't this make you feel bad? Just believe whatever makes you happy and all will be swell!"

I would like to think that the truth of an idea should count for something. After all, if humans evolved and there is no God, then that's probably the way it's always been. The world is exactly the same as it was yesterday. And we're still here.

• ziddina
    ziddina

BAWWWWWWWWWLLLLL...

I believe in evolution - whooops... I mean, I've seen sufficient evidence to convince me of the accuracy and validity of the "working hypothesis" of evolution...

But now I won't have a big "sky-daddy" to change my diddies!!!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Mankind would have no source of superior wisdom to consult - no one to help us solve our problems. We would have to resort to human wisdom to avert ENVIROMENTAL DISASTER. to solve POLITICAL CONFLICTS and to guide us through personal crisis.

Wrong ... there would be Watchtower type organizations ... they are describing themselves LOL!!!!

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Every helpless lost orphan I've met has denied Intelligent Design and supported the theory of Evolution, so I'd say it's about accurate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Mankind would have no source of superior wisdom to consult

In Watchtower World superior wisdom = WBT$..

WBT$ superior wisdom in the Real World = Watchtarded..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Witness007:

So, if belief in evolution makes me a "helpless orphan", what about the theory proposed by some individuals that we are a hybrid race created by extraterrestrials because they needed an intelligent slave class to work in the mines?? Believe me, this certainly doesn't conjure up images of a loving creator!

• Neon Bible
    Neon Bible

I can't stand when they make ridiculous statements like this. Can't they hear themselves? They are like Orphans for making such juvenile claims. They ask a question and than answer it for you since you are to childish to think for your self. It is such circular thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit