got my divorce summons....wow it got even weirder

by oompa 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My son just informed me that he is getting a divorce..breaks more hearts than just the one having the divorce...

This is a second divorce for him. I refuse to get close to his next wife whoever that will be.

Best of luck to you both and the kids ..

Snoozy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm sorry Oompa.

Hang in there, Oompa. Divorce is a rough road to travel, and an expensive one at that. Try your best to control your emotions and resolve the case with her amicably and with minimal attorney involvement.

Since you're both scared, remember you can always reconcile and dismiss the legal case. But any reconciliation should address the involvement of this cult in your family, and rules should be agreed upon to govern the relationship in this regard on a going forward basis.

Good luck!

• sizemik
    sizemik

All the best oompa . . . hang in there.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I feel for you, man. Unfortunately, I get the feeling like I am headed down that same path

• nugget
    nugget

So sorry to lose someone you love because of a cult is a travesty.

• moshe
    moshe

Divorce wouldn't be so common, if men got custody of the kids. I am on my 3rd marriage- 11 years now. Life is great this time around.

I just made two mistakes- one was JW related and #2 was marrying a woman with closet mental issues- which would have been discovered had we lived together before marriage or at least shacked up on weekends.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Moshe,

you make " shackin' up " sound so honorable :))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit