Worldly Kids at a Bus Stop - I see why JWs home school!

by skeeter1 18 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Vice Principal just called me to say that 4 boys were called into the office. He disciplined them, and warned them that cops could be called. Apparently, this bullying has been going on for a while.....

Robert - I foresee my house getting egged!

Skeeter

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

It was like that when I was in Junior High and High School just 15+ years ago. I went to a small rural school. I can't imagine things have gotten any better. However, kids behaved the worst on the bus. The bus drivers don't make a ton of money and never seemed to want to put the effort into maintaining order - so they got walked on. Most of the kids that got expelled/suspended had gotten into some altercation on the bus or at the bus stop, not at school. Things were totally different during class, and between classes.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Many parents have poor parenting skills and can not handle or control their kids. I met one man while house hunting who pointed to his disrespectful kids and said, "As soon as they turn 18, they are out of here."

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

This is why I choose to homeschool. I witnessed the same things when I supervised my kid at the bus stop. The brats there would hurl rocks at us and issue insults. One kid had a fire fetish. I drove my kid to and from school for three years before deciding homeschooling would be better, and it really is. We love it!!

CJ

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uh, actually, people....

I saw the same sort of things happening in the 1950's and 1960's....

If you take a look at an old newspaper - and I mean, a REALLY old newspaper - you'll see that this pattern of wild and uncontrollable behavior - especially on the part of the young males - has been going on for a VERY long time...

In fact, that wild behavior of young males is EXACTLY what nearly EVERY INVADING ARMY throughout histoy, has been composed of...

I figured this out, when the Rocky Mountain News published a few pages from their earlier editions - pages that were from the late 1800's, if I recall....

There were several articles about people being shot at, with small-caliber weapons - I don't think BB-guns, but about that caliber - something a child would have... Of course, the culprits were not caught...

Magwitch mentioned crappy parents prodcing crappy kids - that's about the size of it.

If you look at the way adult behavior has been going down-hill in America over the last 30 - 40 years, you can see why the kids are so badly behaved... Creeps like Bernie Madoff, road rage, 'going postal' - adults have not set a good example and are now seeing the results of their own bad behavior in the children...

I can see moving your child into a "private" school if you're concerned, but please be aware - that move probably WON'T protect the children, either - I would bet my bottom dollar that the atmosphere you're trying to escape - keep them from - exists within the private schools, too...

Zid

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

ya your house is going to get egged but, you did the right thing!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

That was a great thing you did, Skeeter. Most people just look the other way. And that is part of the problem.

• compound complex
    compound complex

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/178536/1/How-to-get-beat-up-in-school

Hi Skeeter:

What you have to deal with is terrible, and I can relate one-hundred percent. My appearance made me a victim of bullying when I was a kid during the 50s and 60s. Above is a link to a parody of myself. You might want to Google "How to Get Beat Up in School" and see what you find. Scary.

Friends, family and I have participated in home schooling for over 20 years and are pleased with the results; we love our several area charter schools.

Your courage standing up to the bullies (young and old) in the neighborhood is an inspiration.

CoCo no-more-bullied

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am growing some ka-jan-gas today! Take the bull by the horns.

Honestly, if my child was being beat up, I'd hope some other grown-up would stop and say something to break it up! If my daughter was smoking a bong in a car at 2:30 p.m. in a gated subdivision's clubhouse parking lot, I'd hope someone would say something. Do that stuff on a dirt road in the swamp. Besides, what is a middle schooler going to do to me? They are little pre-pubic twits. I'd call the Sheriff so fast and have them into juvi-court and be at the judicial hearing like white on rice. Same with the pot smoking little tramps.

I have had to call the cops a few times in my neighborhood over older teenagers. Caught one drug deal go down in the parking lot, got the license plate numbers,, and a few days later the cops were busting an entire drug house on my block. I went to take out the garbage, and the cops said, "Go back in your home, we have your street on lockdown."

Then, months before my in-laws were visiting. The helicopter was going round and round and round at 5:00 in the morning. Seems 5 or so houses were broken into in the middle of the night. The gates were not working, and left open for several months. All the people who were buglarized left their doors unlocked. One woman awoke to the burgler with a gun to her head!

Really, I don't live in the hood. These are newer, larger homes in a resort are! But, many were foreclosed on and went to investors who filled them with whatever renters they can find. The renters are sometimes drug dealers. The officer told me that gated subdivisions attract drug dealers because they can do the deals in quiet seclusion of the clubhouse parking lot, buzz the person into the subdivision, meet at the parking lot, and never have the person come to the home (where the stash is).

The more pressure we put on these thugs, they pack up & leave lickety split. Our neighborhood is very active on getting bad people out. It's just that we are swatting at swams of bad kids these das!

Anyway, I'd really love to have some land and a log cabin in Wyoming. Say 20 acres, a barn, and a little job working in the local library with a small town nearby. Perhaps I'm imagining that Wyoming wouldn't have these problems. Perhaps I just feel like escaping today.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit