Russian court finds Jehovah's Witness guilty of inciting hatred. 3.11.2011

by Hairyhegoat 38 Replies latest social current

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Some interesting news for you all..

Headline Title: Russian Jehovah's Witness found guilty of inciting hatred 03 November 2011 A Russian court ruling which found a Jehovah's Witness guilty of inciting hatred and enmity against other religious groups for distributing literature, is an attack on freedom of expression and religion, Amnesty International said today.Aleksandr Kalistratov was sentenced to 100 hours of community service by a court in the Altai Republic on Thursday, for handing out Jehovah's Witness brochures which allegedly incited hatred against the Catholic Church.The City Court in Gorno-Altaisk had…

Read complete article © Amnesty International - Thursday, November 3 rd 2011

Headline Title: Russian Jehovah's Witness found guilty of inciting hatred 03 November 2011 A Russian court ruling which found a Jehovah's Witness guilty of inciting hatred and enmity against other religious groups for distributing literature, is an attack on freedom of expression and religion, Amnesty International said today.Aleksandr Kalistratov was sentenced to 100 hours of community service by a court in the Altai Republic on Thursday, for handing out Jehovah's Witness brochures which allegedly incited hatred against the Catholic Church.The City Court in Gorno-Altaisk had…

Read complete article

HHG

Read complete article © Amnesty International - Thursday, November 3 rd 2011
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Oh the irony. The most hateful people I have ever met are Russian Orthodox.

• undercover
    undercover

Guilty of inciting hatred. Well, it's technically true, depending on how you look at it.

But I hate to see the Russian government play into the WTS hands. They get free press and get to play the persecution card, but who really suffers? The mostly innocent cult victims of the WTS who live and work in Russia.

Like the German Bible Students in WWII, the JWs in Malawi, it's the rank and file that suffer...and die, not the leadership, not the lawyers, not the money lenders.

And as much as I dislike religion in general, if you want a free society, you have to let people worship as they want, even if it is wacky. (Now if they wanna censur them over the blood doctrine, I'd be more in favor of that). The inciting hatred thing... I dunno... I'll have to read up on that one some more.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

yeah, i hate to see this stuff, because im thinking about that poor deceived sap who gets the sentance, while the watchtower pimps this whole thing as persecution.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Did any of the wts lobby groups influence Amnesty International to take up their cause? As an NGO member they may have some sway on Human Rights group while at the same time WTS has no problem stepping all over it's ex-members and those who no longer believe.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Why isn't Amnesty International complaining about the official shunning policy of the Borg and how trapped and coerced that makes JWs?

• metatron
    metatron

Oh My God! The Humanity! The Horror!

Oh, wait a minute..... community service? You mean sentenced to do something else besides hawking Watchtower crap?

Yeah, what a terrible injustice......................................................................not.

metatron

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yaaaay!!! [fist-pump!!]

France can't be far behind - wonder who'll succeed in limiting the Watchtower Corporation's evil grasp, next...

Waitasec....

Didn't attacking the Catholic Church go out with Rutherford???? Or is the Watchtower Corporation regurgitating the same old Rutherford mentality, in 2011???

I wish that the Russians had been successful in getting the Watchtower Corporation banned... But then, as yourmomma said, they'd just scream "Persecution!!"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I'm not digging the whole, "inciting violence" card. It's easy to refute and it gives the WT fee headlines. As previously stated, handling the blood issue would have more teeth.

• dgp
    dgp

Why isn't Amnesty International complaining about the official shunning policy of the Borg and how trapped and coerced that makes JWs?

Good question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit