Harold Camping apologizes about getting the end of the world date wrong.

by botchtowersociety 11 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

At least he didn't blame it on overzealous followers.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Some lessons for the GB on humility

• dgp
    dgp

Did he return any money?

• Ding
    Ding

My comments are similar to the ones above.

It's nice to see one of these guys admit that he was wrong and stop making predictions.

However, if I had invested my family's savings in getting out his message, I would want more than an apology.

Hopefully, those people have learned something as well.

Now if the GB would say, "We don't know any more about the date of the end than anyone else and we're not the `faithful and discreet slave' either."

Don't hold your breath on that one.

• dgp
    dgp

You are right, botchtower: He blamed God.

"Why didn't Christ return on Oct. 21?" asked Camping in an audio message posted on the Family Radio website Oct. 28. "It seems embarrassing for Family Radio, but God was in charge of everything. We came to that conclusion after quite careful study of the Bible...There is one thing we must remember, God is in charge of this whole business and we are not, what God wants to tell us is his business, when he wants to tell us is his business."

Throughout the message, Camping never seems to fault himself for the failed prediction, but instead attributes the world not ending to the fact that it is ultimately up to God to bring Judgment Day forth.

The International Business Times observes, "It seems as if maybe Camping's statement is less an apology and more of a point-the-finger at God defense. Camping more or less blames God for his failed predictions, since He was the one 'in charge of everything.' "

http://global.christianpost.com/news/harold-camping-blames-god-critics-question-family-radio-founders-oct-21-doomsday-explanation-60161/

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We'll see how "sorry" he really is when he puts another extension to the date. However, that is better than what the Washtowel did to people that sold out to pious-sneer going into 1975. All they did was to blame the victims.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

He'll be back with another date. It's good for business.

• sabastious
    sabastious

What a despicable human being.

-Sab

• shamus100
    shamus100

Despicable? I think he's cute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit