Just got a knock at the door....

by Found Sheep 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It was Omaha steak salesman. I am home alone with the doors open. They would not take no for an answer.... They made me feel uncomfortable!!

I finally said NO and walked in the house and shut the door and locked it. It made me think though how truely invasive it is for the JW's to go to peoples homes.... Some JW's don't take NO for an answer till the house holder gets upset...

I'm so glad I no longer do that

• A&W
    A&W

I used to hesitate to cut people off since I had been there myself but now I have no problem with it. I even sold cable door to door when I was a witness. I didn't do as well as I might have because I did take "no" for an answer.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, rats!!

I thought this was going to be another "I chased a JW off of my porch by asking too many deep, probing, logical questions about the fallacies of the Watchtower edicts/cult/bronze-age middle-eastern 'holy' book" story...

I am SOOOOOOOOO disappointed!!!

[And what the heck were you thinking?? MEAT??? Yummy!!!]

That's the 'dragon' in me, talking...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

In our area, we are taking no very seriously. Canada is trying to provide a new message to the people. They want to appear respectable. We are told not to argue, remain respectful and kind.

• undercover
    undercover

Who does this guy think he is? Can buying Omaha steaks bring you everlasting life? The nerve!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

First I say "no, thank you" politely.

If that doesn't work then I move on to "No thanks!" or even "NO!" quite emphatically.

Finally, if necessary (and it often is), I conclude with "This is the part where I HANG-UP/SHUT-THE-DOOR!"

• poppers
    poppers

Mmmmm, Omaha steaks!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

So FS is home alone. Got your violin handy? I'll be right over with my guitar!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

You shoulda' bought some Tri-tip. Failure to do so was a real "mis-steak!"

• logical1
    logical1

My roommate bought "steak" from a door to door salesmen. At the time I had never heard of this and thought it was extremely weird for someone to sell meat of all things door to door, even if the meat was free I wouldn't trust eating it.

He spent like 200 dollars on the steak and its still rotting in our freezer to this day, years later lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit