Inactive, yet shunned!

by TimothyT 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This is one thing that helped me get out!!! I am now DA but wasn't when Jw's would turn there backs to me???

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

when was an uber spiritual J Dub I viewed inactive ones as lazy and good for nothing even judging them with more disdain then DF'ed ones, I believed they all were probably leading secretive double life's and not to be trusted, and that was back in the 80's , so nothing much has changed except the GB ramming the point home far more.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I'm inactive and am not being shunned quite yet but I think I may have been marked by some people because they've been quite quiet and distant. When they do speak to me everything sounds clipped and cold. The thing is, all they know is I haven't been to meetings in awhile, I haven't said I don't want to be a dub anymore. I won't feel all that bad if they stop talking to me though, my family is like fair weather friends anyway =/

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I am inactive as well, and I have had ZERO contact from ANYONE in my congregation for 3 years, and I could not be happier. I hope it stays that way. In the event that anyone calls or comes to my door, I will not answer, ever.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

same here. i'm not officially dis[fellowshipped|associated], but i get the shunning. the only exception is some of the family that is still in and one or two friends.

• Jewel
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've also noticed that my inactivity seems to prompt elders to bend (or ignore) the rules when it comes to how they should treat me as a brother. It now seems to be perfectly scriptural to (1) gossip about me with others, or (2) phone close family members, or pull them to one side at the meeting, to ask them questions about my spirituality - without approaching or contacting me directly with these questions. Everything is now very "cloak and dagger", which I absolutely can't stand and creates untold stress for both me and Mrs Cedars.

They are hoping to hear about something that would require a visit by two elders to see if you really believe WTBTS/JWs are God's only Spirit-Directed Organization and/or Channel of Communication today.

They will typically wear a long trenchcoat to hconceal the axe.

DOC

• cedars
    cedars

DOC - I've already had my local elders trying to arrange a "follow-up" visit to give me some "encouragement". I was able to legitimately turn down that opportunity without reprisals, because (as I pointed out) their behaviour thus far has been demonstrably anything-but encouraging. Since they refused to apologise for their cloak and dagger tactics, such as collaring my wife at the meeting and interrogating her about me, I had absolutely no choice but to assume that this was their version of being "encouraging" and therefore decline a visit. So far, this logic has held. It hasn't stopped other elders in other congregations who know me causing trouble though. The behaviour and tactics are somewhere between schoolground sh**stirrer and KGB.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

both leavingwt and jookbeard are right. I continued to be judgemental even after I was DF'ed because that is the frame of mind that is drilled into you. I am still tring to break out of judgemental thinking.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I am in the same boat but a little different. I am being shunned though NOT inactive. I simply tell the brothers I am attending the spanish hall. But the oh so loving brothers STILL shun me! They used to come in my restaurant and havenĀ“t for a year. They are bastards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit