Absolute knowledge vs. Relativism

by Vidqun 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• talesin
    talesin

For US humans, everything seems to be relative.

Probably because we KNOW things by how we relate to them and they to Us and the universe that we know.

PSac,, this is where the whole god argument falls apart for me. YES, you are correct. Everything is relative ... and without disrespect, but as I see it,,, God is created in OUR image. Relatively speaking, these ideas evolved from superstition, and a desire to explain 'why we are here', and were exploited by the ruling class, because religion is an easy way to control people who need hope - the poor.

The only "universe that we know",,, is the one we create, whether it's by way of religion, legend or myth; or the slow progression of scientific knowledge (or at least what we call 'at this moment' knowledge, until it is either proven or disproven).

That's how I see it.

tal

• maksym
    maksym

I personally don't believe that rationalism is the answer to all problems in life nor is the fundamental principle that guides humankind to its betterment.

Rationalism and Skepticism are two philosophical principles that rest on athiesm.

We are dealing with different philosophies.

Throw out rationalism and skepticism and you throw out atheism.

Throw out faith and hope and you throw out religion.

They are apples and oranges

• talesin
    talesin

maksym

• maksym
    maksym

thanks talespin

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The truth is... until someone gets out the 'defending my world view with my eyes closed' box, there is no point reasoning with them. I remember being like that, and I sincerely believed what I was saying as do they.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit