Bethany Hughes case dropped

by zengalileo 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

Lawrence just emailed me today saying he had to sign the dismissal documents due to lack of funds - the WATCHTOWER wins again yay! The case is over for good, never to be resurrected. A golden opportunity never to be repeated was lost by all of us. A decade long case with all of the elements that make a person want to vomit. Watchtower coersion and indoctrination and brainwashing a child to prefer death to A simple blood transfusion. Doctors throwing their hands up at the first mention of the word R E L I G I O N. The public similarly lulled to sleep by the sweet mention of that holy word that in our society trumps all. Right to religion before right to breathe. How did we get here? When did philosophy become more important than breathing.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I read about the case. It seems to me a travesty that the case took ten years to be dismissed. The facts are not ones to establish good law. Law does not correlate with justice. Law suits are very crude tool. Marketing and public relations makes much more sense to me. First, courts rarely address the substantive issues. First,, you have to run serious procedural hurdles. Also, you can win a battle and lose a war. I do feel very sad for him over the loss of his daughter. I can't even begin to imagine the pain. His daughter had a right to make her own decision. My decision would be different but it was her body.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ was no longer involved in the Court case..The WBT$ won before Lawrance ran out of money..

Trying to raise funds for a WBT$ court case that no longer existed.. Was the wrong thing to do..

So is pretending Lawrance lost to the WBT$ because he ran out of money..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

At least this means we won't have to put up with any more plees for money.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Tell Lawrence to write a book for healing purposes if he wants to do that.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I agree with Outlaw, you should not have been misleading us at all especially with money requests.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Also, asking people for donations and calling them hyenas within the same the post is not a good marketing ploy.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Also, asking people for donations and calling them hyenas within the same the post is not a good marketing ploy.

ROTFLOL!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I googled this and got the gist of the case

but what transpired in the last 10 years to make the above negative comments about the man who took on the WT?

gotta remember, oz was under a rock for most of the last 13 years!

OZ

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bp&shirley, it is not funny, she is dead. show some respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit