I miss music

by White Dove 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• White Dove
    White Dove

Has anyone else had music pretty much taken from them?

I'm doing the best I can with my djembe and old familiar songs that I can guess from hearing them, but I really miss the piano and listening to pretty music.

This is kind of a depressing spin-off from the musician thread.

Got me to thinking.

Oh, and I'm really angry about the false advertizing about cochlear implants.

They say they give a person music.

I can tell you from experience, that if you never heard music before, you'd never get it in a million years.

I had it completely before and now it's just dead tinny loud stuff.

I can barely recognize a song if someone tells me what it is.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's late here and I was just thinking about stuff.

I want to put on Joan Jett and rock out, create some rhythms on Matilda (drum).

• White Dove
    White Dove

Bump for curiosity's sake.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't believe I've ever had that problem.... Hope you get it back soon

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sad to hear of your situation. I am starting to lose my hearing and not looking forward to missing the sound of music. I miss out on the chirping of birds and anything in the higher pitches.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My wife's parents were both deaf. My father-in-law was actually stone deaf. My wife currently teaches deaf children, some with a little residual hearing, but none with cochlear implants. The sad part for you...is that among other things, you are missing music...and you know exactly what you are missing. My heart goes out to you.

• zoiks
    zoiks

My heart goes out to you as well, White Dove. I'm listening to Joe Cocker's Woodstock rendition of "With a Little Help From My Friends" in your honor right now.

PS - He was as high as a kite while singing that and probably heard lots of music that wasn't there.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi White Dove...

I am not familiar with your problem but you have my deep sympathy. A day without music is a sad day.. I can only hope for your improvement.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks, friends

It will only get better as technology improves for CIs.

Mine are 10 years old, so due for new updated ones.

Must wait until they break down, though.

In the meantime, I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit