Dec.15th WT -WTS Expects JW's to Preach Despite Chronic Illness - Sick !

by flipper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    both those kids were removed from their home. I understand they get full meals now.

Must be nice to be a JW kid..And..Get fed..

Same story here..

We were`nt poor..My mom didn`t like to buy food or cook it..

The WBT$ would like everyone to give up cooking,eating and sleeping..

It takes too much time away from FS..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I've heard it all. The list goes on for 40 years. In order to increase your field service you had to deny yourself of:

Cameras, good watches, getting married, nice appartment, good healthy food, furniture, colour tv, sports, recreation, health.....etc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I've heard it all. The list goes on for 40 years. In order to increase your field service you had to deny yourself of:
    Cameras, good watches, getting married, nice appartment, good healthy food, furniture, colour tv, sports, recreation, health.....etc

Yep..And when you die the WBT$ still isn`t done with you..

Your funeral is a WBT$ infomercial..

You have to be buried before they leave you alone..

In Watchtower World..

"The Meek shall inherit the Dirt"..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

Outlaw,

Funerals are the best at a kingdumb hall. You get to find out what time the watchtower study is, and the service meeting. Kiss the monkey.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

You have to rebel to get some fun out of this ORG. I pioneered, but I did have good food, a good watch, car, camera, Coloured TV. Cable TV.

Good shoes, and when my health got bad, I limited myself. I did feel the guilt, but that went away when I saw how the Bethelites lived. I got to see their attitudes about work and FS, and how some didn't deny themselves nice trips, cars, clothing, good shoes, and technology.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Jehovah can give you strength by means of his holy spirit, his word, and the Christian brotherhood

This part is just as bad a guilt trip. If you're doing well, you aren't doing enough. But if you feel terrible, and not benefiting from this vague "support", you must be spiritually weak!

• flipper
    flipper

Been working a lot the last couple days. Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your great comments !

JOLIETTE- I agree- the WT's ARE getting worse and worse with each issue ! It's ridiculous.

BLONDIE- That is pretty cool that the kidney diseased " sister " got pissed off at the elders for using her as an example to guilt other JW's into doing more. Sounds like she had more of an authentic personality than a cult personality ! Hopefully those elders listened to her .

MARY- Very true what you say. Good points. It is a fear and guilt type tactic used by the WT society to show if people that are chronically sick are doing service - why aren't healthy people doing more ? Really browbeating of people for sure . And as you stated some sick people cannot be exposed to germs or they'll get sicker and die. As to the leaders of this clt having " brain cells "? I think they've been fried for years now. From what I can see.

DESIGNS- Your uncle was used in a JW film because he used crutches to walk ? How insulting to him and the WT society just used him for selfish promoting of the cult. How sad. You are right- WT society is definitely a cult.

ON THE WAY OUT- It would be nice if the WT society encouraged depressed Witnesses to get help for their depression first- however since they see psychiatrists as giving out " worldly wisdom " as counsel- most J-dubs are told to read their magazines more or to do " personal study " if in fact they can't get out in field service. And after being in the JW cult for years myself - I can't decide which depressed me more ! Forcing myself to read all that damned mind control drivel - or going out in service wearing my feet out walking door to door for no particular purpose than just wasting time. Both of those activities drove me around the bend !

00DAD- What you shared about the disabled " brother " not being appointed elder due to low field service hours - yet he was great in showing other outstanding qualities is one of many reasons I have a HUGE beef with this WT organization ! It goes to show that only FUNCTIONS on behalf of the WT society is what is counted as important or makes a person " spiritual " - allegedly - NOT showing kindness, love, mildness, compassion. THOSE qualities really do NOT matter in elder appointments. It's how much you do for the cult that matters. That has ALWAYS annoyed me. It's one reason they get a bunch of dickheads for elders. Because QUALITY of CHARACTER is NOT a requirement.

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS- Exactly, good point. These experiences very well COULD be made up just to inspire and instillguilt in JW's to do more. WT society has fabricated lots of experiences like this before, so it wouldn't surprise me.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Very good points you bring out. The thing is - the WT society doesn't care if they send mentally insane people to the door because they don't care if mentally insane JW's ever get any psychiatric help with their insanity. Of course- keep in mind the GB are insane as well as are the leaders of this JW mind control cult so the insanity spreads from the top downward - believe me. The WT society demonizes any kind of professional couseling or psychiatric therapy as " worldly wisdom " - so much so that they even discourage elders in the new elders manual to NOT recommend ANY psychiatrists by name to ANY JW's suffering from depression.

WT society would rather tell JW's to do " personal study " or go in " field service " than actually get REAL help for their problems- because THAT way the WT society can keep JW's co-dependent on THEM ( WT society ) and hooked into their system that way which means more donations, etc. It's an evil plan hatched by evil people. It's how I see it.

WT WIZARD- I agree with you that healthy people AND sick people are deprived for sometimes 40 to 50 years being sucked into field service in this mind bending JW cult. It's prepostreous to read of sick and crippled people being required to bust their butts for a crule demading cult. It really annoys me. I have JW parents in their mid 80's and they are guilted into still walking out in field service. Pisses me off.

OUTLAW- Very good point you make. I never knew they would accept field service time from someone in a coma ! But, yeah, I guess that's true if they left a card or magazines by their bedside witnessing to hospital staff or something . It's so disgusting. But you make a good comparison- I mean what do we expect fom a cult that uses funerals as an infomercial. You are so right in that. Really creepy.

KEYSER SOZE- Incredible . Wow. So when it was announced this " brother " had died the elder stated that the guy still got 5 hours in service in his last month of life ? They have no dignity or couth for sure.

CADELLIN- I wasn't sure what she meant by an " id card " also. Perhaps she'll come back on and clarify if she sees your post. Try PMing her if you want to know

Will come back later to answer pg. 2 responses. Been up half the night with our 15 yr.old dog who is having poop attacks by our bed crapping her brains out. It's driving us nuts. Mrs. Flipper just went back to bed from the living room at 5 :00 A.M. and I've been replying on threads since almost 3:00 A.M. Remember the old vincent Pricemovie "House of Wax " ? Our house is now known as " The House of Poop ". Good god miss molly .

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Flipper - about the doggie....

My dog has "poop attacks" too... She is ALSO 15 years old; must be a coincidence, right?

Crazy suggestion - choose an area that would be convenient to use as a "potty" area, get a LARGE box and cut down the sides so it's only a few inches high, and create a doggie "litter box" for her...

I'd use an old TV or appliance box - line the very bottom with newspapers, THEN put in a large sheet of plastic or a lawn/leaf bag, THEN more newspapers...

You might have to "train" her to use that box for a few days, but if it works, it could save you a LOT of carpet cleaning...

Be sure to maintain your usual 'potty' schedule with her, too, so she'll hopefully get the idea that the box is for emergencies only...

My doggie developed an allergy to the dry food we'd fed her for 10 years - and we've been desperately trying to find a dry dog food that she's not sensitized to, ever since - but THIS helps...

I put in a half-slice of whole-wheat bread with her dry food - and/or some "Uncle Sam" cereal. The dry roughage alleviates the diarreah, most days...

Hope my advice helps!!

Zid

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OUTIE -

You are soo right. Wasnt there a Witchtower a few months ago that called the sheeples selfish for doing APPARENTLY necessary things like earning a crust, paying bills, feeding the kids, etc, all the things people in the real world need to do every day, unlike the Gibbering Buddy, who gets all these things bought for them out of the Gofors contributions. (I almost said OUR - but then remembered havent given a penny in years. )

I stopped contributing when I was going out preaching in leaky shoes, whilst working for peanuts as a cleaner. Door to Bore Misery six days out of seven, sometimes after finishing work at 5pm. (Nothing you do is ever good enough)

I was out one Sunday pm, with an Elduh, and he began laying into me as I was "not roughing it for the truth". I asked what he meant? He said I was not sacrificing enough for Jehoobie! ( whilst barely keeping a crummy windowless boxroom in a shared flat as a roof over my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

HB

• flipper
    flipper

BANGALORE- Yes indeed, the inmates ARE running the asylum.

NUGGET- You hit a couple of nails right on the head. The WT society is NOT about promoting compassion - it's all about promoting numbers and increase in members via guilt inducing examples of sick, chronically ill people killing themselves to go out in service - and for what ? A REAL hope of living forever in Paradise ? No . That doesn't exist, it's a fantasy. The REAL reason WT society guilts them to do more is to profit financially off of donations from an ever changing member base. In my opinion.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- The WT society has ALWAYS judged people on how many hours they put out in service, not how kind or loving they are as humans.

PUNK OF NICE- Exactly. It's just a guilt and fear phobia being instilled in JW's by the WT society and they are using sick people as whores to promote their own agenda basically.

FOUND SHEEP- THese stories really are very sad for sure. This organization needs to be brought down.

ZIDDINA- You are right- the WT society just wants a living, breathing corpse as a JW member to do it's bidding and preaching. The people themselves don't really matter at all - it's just the space they occupy that matters. And turning their monthly field service time in.

In regards to our dog - thanks for the great advice ! One thing that might be different than what you experienced with your dog - is our dog doesn't even KNOW she goes poop. She poops in her sleep ! We think she may have a condition called " limber tail " - labradors get it and their tail hangs straight down and their anal region is numb. So - they don't even realize they are defecating. Pretty bizarre. We may just have to take her into the vet and get her checked out. We both appreciate your insight ! Thanks again.

BAND ON THE RUN- Wow. So you saw pioneers sponging off the government and pioneering when they could be working ? I saw that a lot as well inside the Witnesses. To think that they'd do that without feeding their kids properly. Now that is a cult.

WHA HAPPENED ? - I'm glad that JW couple got turned in for abusing their children by not feeding them properly. I'm glad their children are in other homes now eating properly. There are so many abusive parents who really don't deserve to be parents. It disgusts me.

OUTLAW- Exactly. WT society wants people in field service 24/7 - no eating, no lollygagging, no rest. Work, work, work for the cult. And even AFTER JW's die- the WT society still goes after their estates or inheritances for the pedophile defense fund. Ridiculous.

QUARTERBACK- Good point. As JW's we were all told that we had to get rid of EVERYTHING that would keep us from field service. Essentially anything which would bring pleasure and happiness in our lives. Like the things you mentioned. It was weird how WE got criticized for having material things- yet Bethelites and other higher ups in WT land didn't deny themselves luxuries. Very hypocritical of WT leaders.

RETROVIRUS- WT society definitely puts out the guilt trip to JW's especially the sick and burdened.

HAMSTERBAIT- I agree- it's ridiculous how much guilt the WT society puts into JW members. I remember an elder telling me not to get too materialistic when I told him I picked up more work to provide for my 3 teenagers and my then wife and her two teenagers. I just stood there- dumbfounded. These WT leaders don't give a damn if the Witnesses starve or not- as long as their corpses are sitting at the Kingdom hall at Sunday meetings - they don't care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit