All Scripture is God-breathed

by sabastious 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

EP, "God-breathed" is speaking about science as much as it is of Scripture (capital S) because science is Scripture unless it's not agreed upon. (using the OP's model)

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Religion on the other hand, now that you bring it up, it more centered on the emotional brain. Religion is where you find human denial, emotional coercion and dogmatism. Those are all the opposite traits of what I believe "God-breathed" means.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Scripture is writings that people agree to think is holy and special. Science is a process and a method.

Unfortunately, religion and scripture are so historically intertwined, it would be pretty much impossible to get a large consensus on what one means without the other.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Scripture is writings that people agree to think is holy and special. Science is a process and a method.

Modern science is very new in the stream of time you can agree with that. Religion predates modern science by an unknown stretch of time. Because of that fact we should not compare modern science with ancient Scripture in the way that you are right now. It is plainly obvious that science could not solve our ancient's problems simply because they had not yet discovered it yet. In lieu of the superiour modern science we were given ancient religion and none of it should be discounted entirely like many atheists do today. It's intellectually dishonest to call Scripture "outdatted" because our time and their time is as different as apples and oranges.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Because of that fact we should not compare modern science with ancient Scripture in the way that you are right now.

dude, you just said that god breathed was talking about science as much as scripture and that science IS scripture.

It's intellectually dishonest to call Scripture "outdatted" because our time and their time is as different as apples and oranges.

I never said scripture was out dated. I said something entirely else. And I was right.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Sab, you recommended this thread, but I find it confusing. My left-brained thinking is damaging to me? Huh?

Ok, so scripture is truth, but it isn't always meant to be logical... what, then, do I gain from it?

• mP
    mP

Why dont you show us 3:6-7

3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,(3:6-7) "Silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, ever learning"
    In the last days, "silly women" who are "ever learning" will be "led away with divers lusts."
    3:7 Ever learning , and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
  • Pterist
    Pterist

The hard-wiring human brain needs an upgrade, to a higher level....above angels,

Psalms 8:

4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them? [a]

5 You have made them [b] a little lower than the angels [c]

Hebrews 2

But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, but we see Jesus...

In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit