The word [other] in NWT

by apostate man 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

: In their minds, apart from Scripture to back it up, they think Jesus is Michael the archangel and not deity.

The WT leadership in order to justify their monotheism have shot themselves in the foot by altering yet another verse: John 1:1, where the NWT claims that Jesus (the Word) was "a" god.

If you ask them how many "true" gods there are, they will answer "only one and He is Jehovah." If you then ask, "so all other gods are false?", they will answer "yes." If you finally state that their own NWT calls the Word, or Jesus, "a god" who must then be a false god, they can not come up with any rational answer. If they try to explain that somehow Jesus is a sort of a god, they admit they are polytheists. They are screwed either way.

Of course, that's not the least bit surprising, since dubs hardly have any rational answers for most of the garbage they are told to believe.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• apostate man
    apostate man

I am outmatched. First I am no bible scholar. This is why I do research. James has certainly out done me. First he says that this was his research then later explained to me that there was a TEAM of JW experts that come up with this explanation. I can copy/paste the e-mail if you wish.

There is a problem with this. He new exactly were I got my information from, which tells me that they have pre answered any question anybody may have. They reasearch the questions people have on the JW religion. No matter what hard facts or evidence one may have, you lose.

He also stated to me that the average JW does not need to know "why" the NWT is printed as it is. As he explains. "it would take too much time away from study and witnessing." So don't think for yourselves, just take in all the crap they teach you and believe it.
    6,000,000 JW's = 6,000,000 morons, not just James.
    Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks for reading the above and remember, always add pepper to your vomit BEFORE you lap it back up. mmmmm good

• apostate man
    apostate man

I want to add to my last reply. It is not my intent or my style to resort to name calling. I am not, never have been and never will be a JW. I do have personal reasons for being here, read my profile.
    Most of what I post is to find answers to common questions and to make comments on other peoples statements. I do not wish to throw the JW's themselves into the dirt, for they are mostly descent people, just as myself.
    It does irritate me that so many people can include themselves in such an organization, and assume what they are being taught is the truth, only to find out that when they have enough common sense to investigate, they find out it is not.
    At least maybe, just maybe, I am influencing one or two JW's to think about a few things I have written. Peace.

Thanks for reading the above and remember, always add pepper to your vomit BEFORE you lap it back up. mmmmm good

• lurk
    lurk

i agree that its wrong to add anything ot the bible,even a word in brackets. though i will say that i understood that it was not ment to pass as original content . i dont see why its aproblem in understanding.i read with brackets and without to compare the gist of what ive read.

col 1:16,17 NWT

Col:1,16 Because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities.all[other]things have been created through him and for him.

17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist.

reading with out brackets verse 16

Col:1,16 Because by means of him all things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities.all things have been created through him and for him.

well its suppose to be about jesus as verse 18 further on confirms.

starting at the begnning with the words, by means of him ?

means is a way in which something is done isnt it? no probs there its simply saying that by gods first created being ( by this i mean the person that god made as a tool discribed in the scripture,also thought of as jesus pre earth life, differant discussion)... the things that followed were done.it has to mean the things that followed because its not possible for him to be used as a tool to create anything prior to his own creation.

All things were created in the heavens and upon the earth?

ALL THINGS........IN THE HEAVENS AND UPON EARTH.

so here its saying that this created being was a means to creating the heavens down to earth and mentions governmenst etc that exsist on earth.the things visible and invisible draws the distinction between the house and stars you can see and the oxygen ,gases,radiation,darkmatter(which makes up the largest portion of the universe)black holes, you could go on for ever but for
    an ancient person or a jew long ago in biblical days the wind, the air he breaths ,sound, smell, pain, emotions etc might be more relevant.

At no point does it mention creation of anything exsisting before the universe , why? because it is talking about the heavens and the earth which all come from one thing the universe..it does not mention that he helped create anything previous to the universe.
    .unless you see a pre universe statement that i can not.

lastly from verse 16

.all things have been created through him and for him.
    doesnt this just back up what was said at the start, that things were made through gods created being

Col:1, 17

17 All things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all things and by means of him all things were made to exist.
    this agrees with verse 16 where it says he was the means by which things were created.It says he exsisted before all thing,. this can simply mean all thing as stated in the verse 16. does this point to anything before pre universe.theres no reason i can see why it should. it simply can mean he exsisted before the things listed that he helped create.how long before the universe he exsisted it doesnt say. untill you look at other scripture

quoting from the tanakh kethuvim/proverbs 8:22

"22 The lord created me from the beginning of his course.As the first of his works of old.in the distant past i was fashioned,at the beginning, at the origin of the earth."

he was created at the beginning ? at the origin of the earth
    what is the origin of the earth?

the earths origin was in the forming of the universe which created the galaxys and the planets in them. a big bang/ gods energy? all depends which direction your coming from but it adds up to the same thing for me.
    the origin of the earth came from a gradual forming in space of hot and cooling rock that took prob millions of years where did the meterial for the planet come from? from all the other stuff out there , now im geting into bigbang territory, differant topic but gte my point.

verse 27 of proverbs continues " i was there when he set the heavens in place"
    the heavens in place?

this can only mean the creation of the galaxy and universe .

what came before the universe scientists are still working on but already theres is string theory which suggest that our universe was NOT the begining of time. in what form or way or exactly when god/the creator created this being/tool for creation of the universe d its not possible yet for anyone to know.

if ever this gets a reply ,be gentle that took me hours lol

• bsmart
    bsmart

I have long thought that if the Holy spirit is not part of God; then the spirit can have a power outage, if that happens, there is no God.

Mind you, from that point it was a simple jump to atheism.

• Wonderment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit