Is The WTBTS' View Of Homosexuality Softening?

by JW GoneBad 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

You might think so. Or at least the public may be given the impression that JWs and the WTBTS are fair minded and do not discriminate against the homosexual lifestyle.

Check out this quote from the Nov 1, 2011 Watchtower (public edition). The article on page 4 is entitled 'TEN QUESTIONS ABOUT SEX ANSWERED'.

Question 8: Does God approve of homosexuality?

Answer: "Even though they do not condone homosexual relations, true Christians show kindness to all people. (Mat 7:12) God wants us to "honor men of all sorts." Therefore, genuine Christians are not homophobic." (1Peter 2:17)

This is a boldface lie! The past Watchtowers and Awakes have done their share of Gay bashing over the years. IMO JWs are soo Homophobic you can smell it in their breath!

What are your thoughts or your experience?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It's not about being soft on homosexuals

it's about looking like they are...

oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It's not about being soft on homosexuals

it's about looking like they are...

oz

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I agree with Oz. That's just how the writing dept rolls.

The literature often acknowledges a humbler or gentler point of view out of one side of its mouth while condemning it right from the other side of its mouth.

For instance, they sometimes acknowledge that it's not nice to shun people and that it sucks for Witness families to hurt their loved ones by shunning them. To readers who aren't paying much attention, that sounds pretty nice and makes it easier for Witnesses to deny shunning if things get awkward because they can quote that line out of context if they like. Then, in the very same paragraph, the same article will go on to say that Witnesses must shun DFed ones anyway.

I wouldn't get excited by this at all. It's standard practice.

• Room 215
    Room 215

That's why there are two versions of the WT

• nateb
    nateb

There have always been plenty of homosexuals working at the House of God. Of course they don't hate them. We used to call them NPG's.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I'm afraid to ask what NPG's stands for.

• designs
    designs

During my brother's orientation at Bethel, late 60s, they spoke openly about violence against homosexuals as being a 'natural reaction'.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That's why there are two versions of the WT

This is the answer. They are soft in the public version of the magazine (the 1st of the month). It's the kool-aid edition (the 15th of the month) that they're hardcore.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

What's an NPG?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit