Food for Thought: Difference Between Illusion vs. Delusion

by brit-93108 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brit-93108
  • N.drew
    N.drew

A coincidence. illusion means I can guess what it is you were thinking of posting. Delusion means I believe you are messing with us, I mean me.

• brit-93108
  • brit-93108
  • N.drew
    N.drew

Strong silent type?

• brit-93108
  • brit-93108
  • brit-93108
  • N.drew
    N.drew

If it doesn't work once, twice, three times, it won't work. Try something different

• brit-93108
    brit-93108

It occurred to me the men on the Watchtower governing body are successful delusionists far more successful than famous illusionists Siegfried and Roy in their Las Vegas and television performances could ever hope to achieve. For while Siegfried and Roy must fool an audience's outer senses, a talent making them hundreds of millions of dollars over decades, the governing body have fooled countless millions over the past century (with six million living Jehovah's Witnesses today) into believing these mere mortal men are exclusively anointed by Christ to preside over the lives of six million so-called "other sheep," and share complete reign on Christ's throne over Earth's affairs from the heavens for all of eternity.

They transformed Charles Taze Russell's Bible based Christian vision of proselytizing the good new of God's Kingdom, a religion that dogmatically depended on scripture interpreting itself, into one of the most lucrative, multi-billion dollar religious multinational corporations the world has ever known. This religious empire, its headquarters considered to Jehovah's Witnesses as the seat of Christ's authority on Earth today, controls every bodily function of six million human beings worldwide. What a tragic worldly waste of talent that few men throughout human history have achieved, used for power over lives, instead of for the good of humanity.

"While illusion can be termed as perceptual disturbance, delusion can be called as belief disturbance. Illusion is something that is caused by outside influence but delusion is caused by one’s feelings. Illusion happens when you are fooled by your vision but delusion happens when you become a fool of yourself because of your beliefs. While illusion can be termed to be external, delusion can be called as internal."

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-delusion-and-illusion/

Just some food for thought.

Your Brit neighbor across the pond

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit