So anyone here went to the Zone Visit meeting?

by stillin9 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin9
    stillin9

Well, I was considered spiritual enough (LOL) to be given a red badge that said "Special Meeting, United States Branch Zone Visit" on it! What a privilege! All excited, I counted down (not really but you know) to the day the meeting was going to be held on, which was the 22nd. And what a disappointment it was! No live talks at where the meeting was held, all broadcasted from Bethel which made it all that more boring. It started off with a brief intro. Then summary of the WT. Then some reports on the ridiculous progress made in the field. Then the much anticipated talk by the Zone Overseer which was a Canadian bro. And last but not least, a talk by one of God's mouth pieces (AKA GB member).

Over all, it was just all hype. At least that was my take on it. Nothing too interesting. Funny how we are supposed to make note of what we heard at this meeting and encourage those in the congregation who were not able to make it (becuase of not enough tickets and/or not spiritual enough).

Any one else went?

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

I went to the last one of these a few years ago. I remember it being much the same, very anti-climactic...and I was still asleep inside the Org back then too and never dreamed then that I would read Ray's books and be posting on here.

Not much changes in the WT world other than the definition of "generation" lol.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I would imagine it produced about as much hype as the "new light" for the 2011 DC. What a dud THAT turned out to be.

You must be putting on quite the show to be picked for the meeting. Are you an elder or something? I would NEVER be picked for such a "privelege". In FS a few weeks ago, one of my favorite elders told me I wasn't being considered for any more responsibilities in the congregation at the moment because I was doing the bare minimum to get by. As you can imagine, I was quite devastated at that. lol

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

ours was just cancelled due to weather! hurra hurra boooya!

Anyway, did they ask for donations? Like a convention?

• Shador
    Shador

Yea I went. Yes, they begged for money at one point. (Including the new credit/debit thing)

As I promised before, I made an audio recording of the whole thing, for any interested. If someone could PM me about how to get it uploaded somewheres, etc., that'd be great.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi Shador, could your upload it to a site like 4shared? If you don't have a file sharing site account then PM me and I would be happy to add it to mine.

• obarac
    obarac

Can you post the link or PM me the link if you upload audio.

Thanks.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'd like a link to the audio too. Thanks.

• Dr. J
    Dr. J

There was talk about it at the theocratic ministry school, they even would let you watch it at the congregation you go to if I'm not mistaken.

Good question!

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

Stillstuckcruz - You have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit