The TSA wants to reach out and touch you even if you're not riding a plane..

by darthfader 12 Replies latest social current

• darthfader
    darthfader

Interesting Article...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/26/tsas-power-grope/

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has always intended to expand beyond the confines of airport terminals. Its agents have been conducting more and more surprise groping sessions for women, children and the elderly in locations that have nothing to do with aviation. It’s all part of TSA’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) program, which drew additional scrutiny following an Oct. 18 blitz in Tennessee.

As part of a “statewide safety operation,” TSA employees fondled travelers at bus terminals in Nashville and Knoxville, hunting for “security threats.” Truckers were harassed at four Volunteer State highway locations between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. - prime time for terrorism, apparently.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Sounds like they are getting bored patting down old ladies and kids and not finding anything.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I for one welcome our probing groping TSA Alien overlords!

My only advice for them... please be gentile...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Maybe it was in response to a legitimate threat?

Using the TSA was a way of responding to it without causing alarm?

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

"please be gentile..." - no Jewish gropers for you, eh Darth Fader?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Kaethra:

LOL... I didn't even realize that typo.. I can't stop laughing...

Thanks for noticing that and making my morning!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

If they grope me, and I get a POP-UP, will I be arrested?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Here is a bit of information on the Washington Times, the Conservative paper started by and until recently owned by Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Times

Here is an article from the TSA website, though it is from 2007

TSA Supports VIPR Missions in Cities Coast to Coast

News & Happenings

July 4, 2007

The week of July 4, TSA stepped up its efforts to enhance security on rail and mass transit systems across the nation by deploying Visual Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams to the National Capital Region (Washington), New York, Newark (New Jersey), Philadelphia, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Teams are designed to enhance security by working in mass transit, aviation, rail and other transportation modes along side local law enforcement agencies during specific periods of time or events. The exact makeup of teams is determined jointly with local authorities. During the past 18 months, TSA has partnered with local law enforcement to conduct 84 VIPR missions from coast to coast.

On July 3 in Los Angeles, TSA team members began their morning bright and early with an in-brief in the Emergency Operations Center of the L.A. Sheriff's Department (LASD). Once TSA teams were partnered with LASD units, they blanketed the Metro Red Line throughout the city, covering stations from Hollywood to Westlake Village, including historic Union Station in the heart of downtown.

During select morning and afternoon hours in Boston, TSA provided a uniformed presence at the entrance to the main lobby of the Route 128 Transit Station, which serves both Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority commuter rail passengers and Amtrak inter-city passengers. VIPR teams were also deployed to several locations in the South Station area, with TSA participating in vehicle observation on the ramp leading to the station's parking garage in concert with the transit police. TSOs were also deployed to the adjacent bus terminal.

In Philadelphia, teams worked together with police departments for the airport, Amtrak and Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) to increase visibility, heighten vigilance and complement law enforcement efforts. At the 30th Street Train Station, canine teams, uniformed inspectors and covert FAMS patrolled the busy station, as did similar teams at the Market East facility.

VIPR teams enhance TSA's ability to leverage a variety of resources quickly to increase visible security in any mode of transportation anywhere in the country and are a normal component of TSA's nimble, unpredictable approach to security.

I saw a TSA employee worthy of groping during a recent trip to LAX!

• freydo
    freydo

While Obama goes on 17 day vacation!!! FOUR MORE YEARS AND THE MUSLIMS WILL TAKE OVER.

An 85-year-old Long Island grandmother says she plans to sue the TSA after a humiliating strip search on Tuesday by agents at JFK Airport.

Lenore Zimmerman, who lives in Long Beach, says she was on her way to a 1 p.m. flight to Fort Lauderdale when security whisked her to a private room and took off her clothes.

“I walk with a walker — I really look like a terrorist,” she said sarcastically. “I’m tiny. I weigh 110 pounds, 107 without clothes, and I was strip-searched.”

TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said a review of closed circuit TV footage from the airport shows “proper procedures were followed.”

But Zimmerman, whose hunched back puts her at 4-foot-11, said her ordeal began after her son, Bruce, drove her to the JetBlue terminal for the Florida flight. She lives in warm Coconut Creek during the winter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lenore-zimmerman-85-hurt-strip-search-tsa-agents-jfk-airport-article-1.986198#ixzz1fWDIolxV

An 85-year-old Long Island grandmother says she plans to sue the TSA after a humiliating strip search on Tuesday by agents at JFK Airport.

Lenore Zimmerman, who lives in Long Beach, says she was on her way to a 1 p.m. flight to Fort Lauderdale when security whisked her to a private room and took off her clothes.

“I walk with a walker — I really look like a terrorist,” she said sarcastically. “I’m tiny. I weigh 110 pounds, 107 without clothes, and I was strip-searched.”

TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said a review of closed circuit TV footage from the airport shows “proper procedures were followed.”

But Zimmerman, whose hunched back puts her at 4-foot-11, said her ordeal began after her son, Bruce, drove her to the JetBlue terminal for the Florida flight. She lives in warm Coconut Creek during the winter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lenore-zimmerman-85-hurt-strip-search-tsa-agents-jfk-airport-article-1.986198#ixzz1fWDIolxV

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lenore-zimmerman-85-hurt-strip-search-tsa-agents-jfk-airport-article-1.986198#ixzz1fWDIolxV Taking it easy: President Obama, pictured playing golf, has announced he will take off more than two weeks to visit Hawaii with his wife and daughters

While most Americans are lucky to get a few weeks of holiday every year, it seems the country’s leader gets a little more freedom in the matter.

President Barack Obama has announced his Christmas vacation to Hawaii – for a staggering 17-day trip.

Obama, who visited the island just two weeks ago for an economic summit, will head to Honolulu on Saturday December 17 until Monday January 2.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069471/President-Obama-jet-Hawaii-SEVENTEEN-DAY-Christmas-holiday.html#ixzz1fWFSVlLS

While most Americans are lucky to get a few weeks of holiday every year, it seems the country’s leader gets a little more freedom in the matter.

President Barack Obama has announced his Christmas vacation to Hawaii – for a staggering 17-day trip.

Obama, who visited the island just two weeks ago for an economic summit, will head to Honolulu on Saturday December 17 until Monday January 2.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069471/President-Obama-jet-Hawaii-SEVENTEEN-DAY-Christmas-holiday.html#ixzz1fWFSVlLS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069471/President-Obama-jet-Hawaii-SEVENTEEN-DAY-Christmas-holiday.html#ixzz1fWFSVlLS http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069471/President-Obama-jet-Hawaii-SEVENTEEN-DAY-Christmas-holiday.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit