What Was Nathan Knorr Like Compared To The Other Presidents?

by AvocadoJake 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Thank you for all the postings about Brother Knorr! By the response and by the lack of his name being mentioned by the WatchTower and Awake, it makes sense, he was not loved the way Russell and Rutherford were. Most of the old timers, never mention a thing about Brother Knorr nor his expansionist agenda. "Without Love, we are all nothing but a clashing noise!" my paraphrase of Apostle Pauls words. Thank you again for taking the time, I am not the only one who wonders about him.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What if there was no tension between knorr and franz, and why franz was so against the GB concept and so pro Knorr

was because they were lovers?

serious!

oz

• designs
    designs

Knorr let us all swing from the trees during the Draft/Vietnam War.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

COC who wrote about Knorr, sounded like a business man but at the dinner table he was a great person to talk to.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

F.W. Franz, in the late 1980s WT article that featured his autobiography, described N.H. Knorr as having outstanding management skills. Others have observed that under Knorr, the operation of the WTS and the congregations was altered to more resemble one big business venture.

Other than that, compared with his two predecessors, Nathan Knorr was not a controversial personality - possibly why remarkably little is said about him anymore. (That was not the case, though, while he was alive).

Bill.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He loomed large in his day! I wonder if the present GB and other movers and shakers know something about Knorr that most Witnesses do not.

What was his management training? I know little of his preWitness background. The p'ship between Franz and Knorr was of such long duration. The Beatles did not last so long. Gilbert and Sullivan had strained relationships. I would assume the relationship would be tense regardless of their personalities.

• blondie
    blondie

Nathan Knorr was born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. He began to show interest in the International Bible Students at age 16. He left the Reformed Church in 1922 and was baptized on July 4, 1923 as a Bible Student following a baptism talk by Frederick W. Franz, with whom Knorr became close friends. Knorr became a volunteer at the Watch Tower headquarters in Brooklyn on September 6, 1923, and became its factory manager in September 1932. On January 11, 1934, at age 28, Knorr was elected director of the Peoples Pulpit Association (now Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.), and was made its vice president the following year. In January 1942, Knorr became president of International Bible Students Association and the corporations now known as Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York. [ 2 ] Knorr was married to Audrey Mock in 1953.

He died from a cerebral tumor June 8, 1977 while receiving hospice care at an extension of world headquarters, quieter Watchtower Farms in Wallkill, New York. [ 3 ]

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/07/nathan-knorr-in-high-school.html

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/6160/1/Eight-questions-about-Nathan-Knorr

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some JW in Africa named their kid Brother Knorr..LOL!!..

I laughed when I saw that..Cute kid..Horrible name..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit