How Would You Answer...?

by EmptyInside 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The main message of the TRUTH may be the same but if the main message is all that matters to God then any religion that believes he exists and that he sent his son to die for our sins, would be a religion that is pleasing to him. If that is so then why don't JW's go from door to door with that simple message?

Instead the WTBTS has gone to great lengths to demonstrate that for JW's this belief isn't enough. The truth is in the fine details rather than the big chunks as your friend believes. This is why they have had to become a publishing company that spews out reems upon reems of paper explaining their TRUTH and why everyone else is false religion and hated by God only to find out that much of what they called the TRUTH wasn't true afterall. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses it isn't enough for your friend to simply believe that God exists and his Son died for us. He/She is expected to believe all the details they provide without question and to spread it to others, right or wrong until told to do otherwise.

This person is in denial at this point and it might just be an exercise in futility to even try and discuss this with them.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

The rest of the changes don't really matter to them.

Classic CD right there. They know there are changes and fear they are significant, and don't want to know any more.

I'd say it's no use discussing beliefs with that person at this time . . . wish I'd known this earlier. .

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sounds good, so why do I need to accept all the peripheral JW nonsense that isn't scriptural?

I can't think of a reason either.

End of discussion. Let's have dinner!

• MissingLink
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Missing Link,I guess you're right,it's best to remain silent,lol.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I keep forgetting this stupid forum doesn't work with IE which is my only option on my phone where I do most of my reading. Come on now! IE! Don't they expect this software to catch on?! Anyway, rant over.

It seems that the reasoning goes like this:

* Our group is the only one that currently believes specificly what we currently believe.
    * Therefore we must be right

They just can't see that ANY group could make these same claims with just as much to back them up. It's crazy.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey WontLeave!

Just love the profound title and well written article: "Do Christians Have Human Leaders?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't see how that "main message" is that very different than the rest of Christendom. Jesus dying on the behalf of mankind is pretty common. Aside from the "on earth" part....and not that Christian doctrine excludes the idea of an earthly paradise. An interpretation I give my hubby that is guaranteed to send him around the bend is that the earthly paradise can be for the Witnesses, and the rest of the Christians can go to heaven.

• Emery
    Emery

Im in the same boat with Zid. My response would come off so apostate I would expose myself immediately. Just acknowledge and mention that the Society's understanding of "Truth" goes far beyond those simple sentences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit