First Post

by DINKY 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DINKY
    DINKY

Hey guys! I've been lurking for 2 yrs and finally decided to post. Seems like y'all need some new blood around here. Maybe I'm also ready to get rid of the pain. The elders I loved and trusted hurt me. I believed them when they said I could come to them with any problem, that they always wanted to help. But when the time came, when I really needed them, they were cold, indifferent, and basically didn't give a s**t about me.
    After lots of prayer to Jehovah, the answer was clear. I was in danger there and needed to leave.
    Jehovah, my higher power, still loves me and guides me. I am now a spiritual person, not a religious one. I go to the Church of Narcotics Anonymous with a bunch of cussin', smokin' (cigs only) bikers, gays, nurses, doctors, housewives, businessmen, punks, teenagers, and grandmas.
    Thanks HP!

(Insert words of wisdom here)
    DINKY

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

DINKY, welcome to this board! Yes, most of us know what you have gone through. I hope you will enjoy posting. For me this site has been priceless. To talk to ex-jws like myself and hear their stories has really benefited me. I also went to Apostofest in Dallas about two weeks ago. It felt so good to let out everything that I felt was wrong with the society and not worry what other people think.

Enjoy yourself. Bye!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• Solace
    Solace

DINKY:
    Wow,
    I cant believe you could resist posting for two years!
    Im glad you are here! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
    I suppose many readers are intimidated to post for different reasons. I guess I just have a hard time keeping quiet on certain issues. I had to post the first day I logged on.
    Welcome!

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

*waves* welcome!!

• think41self
    think41self

Hola Muchacho!

Welcome.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Welcome, DINKY!

Now, just lie down on the jw.com couch and . . .

Ginny

• peterstride
    peterstride

Welcome to the boards Dinky...I know you'll find more encouragement, support & acceptance here than from any elder out there (OK OK...I shouldn't generalize...but generally the elders, as Dinky found, don't offer much support in real times of crisis & need)!!!

Tell us more about yourself, at your pace of course.

Cheers,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

It took me over a year to post, too. I was afraid that someone would find out my true identity and out me to my family! Maybe that was an irrational fear, but growing up as a JW gave me nothing but irrational fears [:-)]

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Welcome, mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit