Even what they printed a couple of months ago is old because Jehovah is moving so fast! From last nights letter on Gilead.

by life is to short 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Ok I haven't been following all the latest goings ons, can someone fill me in on what was printed a few months ago and what was in the letter? I had heard that Gilead was no longer going to be training missionaries, but instead new students would be those already serving as elders, pioneers, etc and would be used after graduating as "troubleshooters". And that there was some new school for Married Couples, not sure what the purpose of this school was.

No Apologies

• cult classic
    cult classic
    But it is convenient for someone who already went to college to say stuff like that and indicate that people should skip college. That's just a suck-up.
    Pioneer school is the most useless waste of 2 weeks you can imagine!

Darth and OTWO - Now THAT is the truth!

The JWs are so impressed by their stupid WT schools. It is beyond ridiculous. They don't even sound well thought out anymore. What's the new one called? Bible School for Christian Couples? Something loopy like that?

Seriously?

• designs
    designs

They teach Computer software programming at the Pioneer School now

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

And somehow they think us apostates are mentally deranged.

• agonus
  • agonus
    agonus

Whoops, IE.

You know, it's funny... I learned more in 2 weeks of self-guided Bible study than I did in over a decade in "Jehovah's Organization"...

• life is to short
    life is to short

DOC

I just wanted to add that it was announced on this board earlier this month but not at the congregations about the end of Gilead and that it was only going to be open for trouble shooters, CO's etc. We were the first to learn of this new light from Jehovah by fellow mentally diseased apostates. I guess Jehovah's chariot is moving faster here on JWN then even in the his spirit driven halls.

Gayle

You are so right when you wrote here (Thing is, the WTS doesn't need to invest in missionaries to send to lowly places to help in foreign countries for new people, especially in poorer countries.. They need to develop "Trouble-shooter overseers" to keep members in. This will be their "hit men" or "military" to clear out any possible "apostates" and get the problemed congregations back in control.)

I truly think that about sums up why they are doing this.

LITS

• watson
    watson

They are moving swiftly to stay ahead of the negative PR.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Listening to some of the highlights of the program, it seemed to contain some of the same old drivel. Nothing new or enlightening.

Yet the R&F come out it saying the end is close and this will be the last meeting of its kind.

Yeah, they are not mentally diseased or brainwashed.

MTM

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are just saying that because, if they make a bad doctrine, and get too embarrassed by it, they can just make another (usually even worse) one and call the first one out of date. Then it gets relegated to the rubbish bin, never to be heard about again--and the witlesses think that, since it is "out of date", their bad predictions don't count.

And yes, I think the pious-sneer "school(??)", like all their other "schools(??)", are a complete waste of time. In the same time it takes to learn to pious-sneer, I could learn the basics of building you a brand new computer or refurbishing your not Y2K compliant piece of crap computer so it will run Windows 7 (or 8) perfectly. And that's nothing--in the time it takes to waste on the Value Destroyer Training School, I could learn to fix your computer so it runs perfectly (or conclusively discern that it cannot be fixed without replacing 90% of the hardware or re-installing the OS). The money you waste (you pay your own way) would be enough to get the courses needed to learn this, plus the tools needed to properly get into your computer to make these upgrades. And, the time it takes to "put into practice" what you learn in these "schools(??)" could be used to put a business plan together.

Now, I wonder which most worldly people would prefer--learning "the truth" and wasting all their time chasing after wind, or getting that old Windows 95 machine upgraded so they can now run Windows 8, IE10, Microsoft Office 2012, Rhapsody, Real Player, iTunes, and several other programs they themselves choose so they can do something worthwhile with it. Or, their teenagers who are struggling through school--would they rather learn "the truth" and waste their lives, or get their hard drive fixed and Windows 7 installed properly on their computers?

At least Microsoft is upfront when their products go out of date. You don't hear them getting huffy about the faults of Windows 3.0 or Windows 95. Rather, they push forward--even though they messed up on Vista, it seems Windows 7 fixed what was wrong (from positive reviews about Windows 7 versus Vista). Which is better than what the Washtowel does--claiming that everything is out of date so they can hide their mistakes instead of fixing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit