Gilead School Changes to be read to all Congregations

by bnybyt 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

As of this week, and to be read from a letter to all congregations to coincide with the part on WT Education at the Service Meeting, the announcement will be made that the Gilead School will no longer be open to pioneer couples, rather it will become a specialized training school for special pioneers, traveling overseers and their wives, and those the Governing Body deems worthy of attending. The Gilead School has, since it's beginning, always been held in high esteem by the R&F, and seen as a summit to reach for service minded young JW couples.

Could the recent dissentions by 2 Gilead graduates who are actively promoting apostate ideas be influencing changes at how the GB sees the role of the Gilead School and felt the need to shine this noo-light on its "educational" program?

Seems like another cemented pillar of the WT religion is crumbling as the new GB 2.0 tries to keep the ceiling from coming down.

Maybe Kool-aid Man can devote a conference call to this subject ;-)

With Ed Dunlap at the helm of Gilead training back in the late 70's we had the then Governing Body crack down on reformists, could they be trying to forestall more dissention by taking the wind out of Gilead School's sails?

How do you see these changes affecting the school and the overall perception of it by the publishers?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I wanted to go to Gilead... So glad I didn't though!!! Well I think this has already been discussed but I think you're right too many Gilead students wake up!! They spend a lot of money and time brainwashing them and if it doesn't work they get an educated apostate out of it!!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I too wanted to go to bethel and giliad and all that stuff. I too am so glad I didn't, know that I know what really goes on in there.

I totally agree Found Sheep, well educated apostates, oh the horror. However, I find most apostates are well educated, especially in regards to the Watchtower. We know more than most active witnesses about all kinds of stuff, including their own history.

I personally, because I wanted to go, find those experiences from "inside" extremely fascinating.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Awakened @ Gilead was awakened at Gilead...due to their storng emphasis on the year 1919...and came out an educated 'apostate'....

• sir82
    sir82
    Could the recent dissentions by 2 Gilead graduates who are actively promoting apostate ideas be influencing changes at how the GB sees the role of the Gilead School and felt the need to shine this noo-light on its "educational" program?

No.

The problem is that a huge percentage of Gilead graduates don't even last 3 years in their missionary assignments. Shoot, I've heard of some who, upon disembarking the airplane in their new territory, turned right around and took the next flight out! Lots of others played the pregnancy card to avoid a "dishonorable discharge".

It was becoming quite apparent that the school was failing in its intended purpose, to make life-long missionaries. That, combined with malaise and discontent in former JW strongholds led to the re-purposing of the school.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

"Could the recent dissentions by 2 Gilead graduates who are actively promoting apostate ideas be influencing changes at how the GB sees the role of the Gilead School and felt the need to shine this noo-light on its "educational" program?"

I hadn't heard about this...details?

• Farkel
    Farkel

sir82,

: It was becoming quite apparent that the school was failing in its intended purpose, to make life-long missionaries.

As an uninformed outsider these days, I would still agree with your assertion. Dubs are basically people who have these Salvation(tm) cards which get "punched." Pioneers get more punches than publishers. Elders get even more little holes punched in their cards, and missionaries must get a whole bunch of punches in theirs. GB members have so many punches that their little cards are in tatters.

Sooner or later, people wise up and realize that those who punch their cards are just men, and that God doesn't have a thingy that punches cards. God just has a thingy that can tell the difference between the good guys, the bad guys and the posers.

Once they wise up to this, they leave the WTS and take the plane home.

Farkel, ex-Poser CLASS

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

I hadn't heard about this...details?

Tweet'

I think, if I'm not mistaken, both of the ex-Gileadites are members of JWN.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I just heard that the "need is greater" for "Trouble-shooter Overseers" to go to 'problemed congregations' already established.

• sove
    sove

Anybody who has a copy of the letter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit