Newbie to the Boards !

by TheOutSpoken1 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOutSpoken1
    TheOutSpoken1

Hello to all,

Id like to introduce my self as im new......a lil nervous but ready to have some conversation that doesnt require me to rely on old men in NY to think for me. Im tired of the puppetteering, the sly green handshakes to move up, the lies turned into new light- "what happened to yes means yes?", just has the makings of a bad ponzi scheme in my opinion...I officially begun my fade this year.....and im enjoying it

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You didn't really want this in 'Technical support' did you?

Moving to 'Friends' area.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Have you read any good apostate books?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome aboard . . . glad to hear you've seen the light.

• TheOutSpoken1
    TheOutSpoken1

Ak-Jeff Totally didnt mean to post in technical support.......Im new forgive me..

Thanks to you all for the welcome......

Leavingwt- havent read any outside book as of yet, last year of college keeps me tied up.....however im really into using their own material, such as contradictions and plagerized statements to show their hypocritical error.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! Tell us your story if you can. Born in or convert? What turned you against Crooklyn? Anything else you'd like to add?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Leavingwt- havent read any outside book as of yet, last year of college keeps me tied up.....however im really into using their own material, such as contradictions and plagerized statements to show their hypocritical error.

For an insider look at the inner workings of the leadership, read 'Crisis of Conscience'.

• JRK
    JRK

TOS1

Welcome to JWN!

Don't you wish you could get away with no works cited page like theWTS does?

JK

• TheOutSpoken1
    TheOutSpoken1

My story began when my father was taken under by the JW's after a nasty split with my DFmum.....you know the old brotherhood...new family....went straight to his head.

No time passed until a poor as dirt sister with 2 kids came to my fathers rescue and became the ready made step mom from you know where.

I wasnt born in....but have been around it since childhood....was put under intense pressure by the BOE @ my local cong and my parents to get dipped before 18......worst mistake of my life....what could I have possibly known about the symbolism and alternative meanings of biblical text......all I liked was the group outings and "association".

Little did I know that all 3 of my siblings didnt agree with the "Truth". Secretely they kept quiet to not be labeled and outcasted. I had dreams of college after H.S. nothing in this world was going to stop me from going......successfully im in my fourth year and completing soon. College brought on going through the motions to keep my father at bay. I am under the impression that my father cant serve at his cong due to me being a full time student, in an attempt to please them he withdrew his support ($) only contributing what was necessary. Thanks to all that bible dicipline I received a full scholarship for every year....I dont need his money.

What has pushed me to this point was my last attendance at a assembly where they announced new light (I was awake for this part) LOL....they slyly took something that they stated as fact and totally changed it to something new.....and then called it new light.... led me to question "divine inspiration", consistency in doctrine....so on and so forth.

Im pretty open to discussion, I havent lost faith in god...just organized religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit