FRUISTRATION!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH THAT IC AN'T EVEN SPELL!

by Voices 35 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The music industry. In my youth I tried this with a 'worldly' band and it bombed. We were bleedin' good too. All own songs with the odd cover. We had a track distributed around Japan but no takers.

It reminded me of turtles that are born. Hundreds of the lil'buggers crawling to the sea. All good turtles but some die or get eaten by birds. Only a few turtles make it. It was a turtle disaster for us.

I was associated with a local band that got a contract. They were a brill band but didn't read the contract. It was a 'hands off' contract. The record company was promoting a rival band and didn't want this band I know overshadowing the promoted band. They were left to fizzle out.

Don't lose heart despite my comments above. Perseverance! Dare I say: 'He that endures to the end.....'? Nah, I won't say that.

Good luck with your art.

• talesin
    talesin

Voices - re writing music,,, I just meant that if you were a 'totally by ear' person (which you are not), that it would be easy to learn the basics in order to be able to write down your music on sheet paper. I hear ya, with the bflat, etc. etc. etc. ROFL!!

Unky Punky is right --- when you read my PM (already sent), you will know *that* is the reason I suggest you diversify ... write, produce, perform, anything that makes money ... to live by your music, you must have a passion for it ... and do whatever it takes to be in it, around it, and for a large percentage of musicians (and artists in general, speaking for myself), it's a life's work.

BUT

Oh, so satisfying. :))

Well, I had a very busy morning, it's time for a rest, damn foot is screaming at me.

Didn't listen to yr music yet ,,, saving that for after-nap when I can enjoy it more.

I can't say it better than Unky,

Perseverance! Dare I say: 'He that endures to the end.....'? Nah, I won't say that.

Good luck with your art.

tal

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelb-a-'runey'! (just kidding! I hope you get the 'nick-swagger-name' pun thing i just did ...)

I did get it, dear one (again, the greatest of love and peace to you!) - I will PM you in a sec.

Your proud parent moment is not unwelcomed.(...you...SHALL BURN IN HELL FOR IT!!!! j/k) It's fine.

Thank you... and probably... and, yes, I know - LOLOLOLOL!

Take away the thread if needed. I'm kinda feeling better now.

I think the thread has to stay, dear one, but I did remove the pics... so that there was no further distraction from YOU and YOUR requests, here.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Well, if that is something of yours that you don't like, I would love to hear something of yours that you do like. I loved it. I loved the change-ups you did throughout the song. I don't have headphones, so I know that I missed out on the full e X perience, but regardless, I really enjoyed that! Thanks!

Peace,

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Voices' music IS pretty good, eh, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you, both!). I said that offboard some time ago. We have a lot of great talent on this board, IMHO; unfortunately, I'm not sure how much previous WTBTS indoctrination has played in its obscurity, but some, I've no doubt. Kudos to those who are able to... ummm... overcome.

Peace to you both!

SA, on her own...

• tec
    tec

His music IS good, yes... and we do have a lot of talent here. Be that music, art, writing, intellect... Surprises me sometimes how much talent is here.

Peace and love to you,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit