Partaker Number To Be Eliminated?

by LostGeneration 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just for the record - what I posted above was Ed Dunlap's view, not mine.

I am actually an agnostic and have no dog in this hunt.

But, I still think that this notion of only a literal 144,000 partaking is absolute lunacy on the part of the witness doctrinaires.

• Dr. J
    Dr. J

It isn't silly, it makes perfect sense why the watchtower would of said such a right thing as that it doesn't make sense to keep a global network until that day of eternity arrives.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I personally have no idea what the 144k represents. Literal or symbolic? Dunno. But I did realize the WT's version of who they are was just full of holes. When I read an Awake describing the 40-50k Christians who were killed bt Nero, it started the gears turning. So then if 40-50k are dead, how many were alive, so apparently the number of Christians in the 1st century, quickly overtook the number of 144k early in the game. I have no reason to believe anyone now is part of that group.

The numbers never made sense and this is just another patch.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The numbers never made sense and this is just another patch.

One thing that NEVER made sense about it was WHY the whole selection process was chronological. Christians living further back in history were AUTOMATICALLY selected whether they were good christians, mediocre christians, or just plain bad.

Nowadays, though, they are "specially selected" - according to WT doctrine.

And, like Wha Happened says - it is obvious that there were more than 144,000 long before Russell.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wasn't the estimates of Christians in the 1st century numbering into the 100,000's?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The number I've seen quoted at times is 1 million, don't know the source of that info though.

Of course no word on whether they were "True Christians"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea and who's barometer of faith are we using? Honestly it would have to be a terrible ratio of Christians vs. True Christians to make room for people claiming to be part of the 144k in modern times

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit