How to convince someone to question the authority of the WT

by LanaMich19 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Lana, I sent you a PM.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I just received these books.

There are books that show how to lead someone to the Watchtower publications that tell them to get out of the organization. The first is Who is the Faithful and wise Servant by Duane Magnani. It has quotes like "Putting forth the effort to locate that older publication and then studying the pages referred to." WT 6/15/85, p. 12. "It is obvious that the God of truth will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehoood. Would you really want to be associated with a religious organization that had not been honest with you?" Is this life all there is? 1974, p. 46 "Is religious history of any benefit?" "This information has helped many people identify Christs true followers today." WT 9/15/87 p. 30 You can imagine the types of quotes found in that history. Combine this with How to Rescue your Loved One from the Watchtower which shows how they have changed doctrines back and forth and condemned those who didn't change with them, and really exposes them as men making guesses rather than having God's Spirit, even exposing them for the bloodguilt of condemning medical procedures that were later allowed, all with quotes from the publications made available through the organization itself. Then there is one called From Kingdom Hall to Kingdom Come that really emphasizes Jesus.

These books spell out a presentation and include photocopies from the publications themselves.

May you have the guidance of the Spirit along with patience and peace, as you let your love shine to your loved ones in the organization,

SOG

• LanaMich19
    LanaMich19

Resistence-She joined after she had her education.

SOG-Thank you! I'll look into the books as well!

Also, I don't see her but maybe 3 times a year so our correspondence would be via email.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Well, maybe she wants to be truly stellar. Bethel must be knocking on her door. It is different from competing for tenure among peers.

When I look at my own life, I don't think the logic and history is paramount. I was fortunate enough to study under Elaine Pagels and was exposed to Union Theological Seminary. What good is all the knowledge if I live my life as a highly educated wretch? Accepting Christ has become more important. I never understand Amazing Grace.Jesus did not select scribes and Pharisees but fishermen.

The study let me detach from the Witnesses. The Witnesses are not strictly Biblical at all. It sounds as they have revised their view of scripture as being merely inspired whereas the WT is spirit directed. Compare the writing styles of the Bible and WT lit. I fear that my early Witness exposure has me tracking down every academic book I can find. She could not have ever received her degrees without critical thinking skills. Her language proficiency is impressive. If she is American, she had to make the effort. It seems as tho she parked her mind.

I can't for the life of me understand how a Witness could become a lawyer. Yet there are Witness lawyers, doctors, and Indian Chiefs. I see it as an escape. Also, what educated woman today would suffer subjugation by a goofy man?

It is intriguing. Hopefully, this is a daliance.

• AnAid
    AnAid

Maybe this will help:

Have your family member read Acts 1 and Isaiah 43.

Ask who is speaking in each chapter. Is there a command that we should follow? The answer should be "no". Then ask by whose authority do you call yourself one of Jehovah's Witnesses if there is no scriptural command to do so?

Next, read Romans 10 and Matthew 11.

Again, ask who is speaking and what instruction has been given in each chapter? If she hasn't applied this instruction, ask by whose authority has she rejected it and why?

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Acts 15:14, "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name."

Acts 11:26 "and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit