Football (sports)

by EmptyInside 14 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

One of my other posts mentioned briefly how the C.O.B.E. of my "former" hall is trying to make it a rule of no football,especially for elders and servants.

Of course,as a woman I would never qualify to be a servant,nor do I want to be. But,I still enjoy watching a bit of the NFL. We have a good team here,and I enjoy cheering them on.

Plus,I find sports to be one "normal" thing that even as a Witness I could at least be a spectator. I know a lot Witnesses who still dress in the team colors and go all out on Super Bowl parties. It's one small thing that can make us feel like everyone else. I guess that's the problem to some in the org. and why they are trying to take it all away.

They compare football to the gladiators,but come on,they fought to the death. I know football has its risks for the players,but they're tossing around a football,not having swords and spears fighting to the death.

Well, I will never quit watching football! Go Steelers!

• JRK
    JRK

I would say GO Colts, but it is useless at this point.

JK

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I love Football, as other sports as well.

Ever watch a Soccer game? Never saw blood or tripping or injuries?

Ignorant bunch of fu**cks

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Love those Chicago Bears, and Chicago style pizza.

• facebeauty
    facebeauty

Those Chicago Bears are so great.

• jam
    jam

The good old days. The brothers from L.A. would

come over on A Saturday afternoon after field service

for flag football, including Elders. Sometimes we would

have over 30 brothers show up. And the basketball

games, we would reserve the gym, just brothers. Good

times.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I played competitive football (soccer) until I joined the dubs.

I gave the game I loved away. One day my boss asked if I would play for the company team in a Business House league.

I asked a cong. elder if that would be a problem. He replied that if I resumed playing, I would never be considered for the servant body.

I made the second worst decision of my life then. (And, yeah, I was a MS soon after )

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I expect to hear more of this, there have been watchtower articles condeming football, and i think its only a matter of time before it becomes banned. I feel this way, because as the OP stated, football was one of the few things JW's could watch, so obviously since the watchtower takes issue with EVERYTHING you can possibly do that is not watchtower related, it was only a matter of time before it was banned.

• JRK
    JRK

I heard from someone that Losch is really anti-football.

JK

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I love football so very,very much!! Especially college football.

Getting on a plane on Thursday to go see the OSU Cowboys play Baylor Saturday.

Did you see Timmy Tebow on Sunday? The city of Denver loves that boy!!!!

Saturdays are pure fun thanks to football season - so it makes since that it would be considered wrong by the holy brothers. I am sure it has something to do with fornicating or masturbating or animal sex. The new light will shine on us soon and we will all understand why it is wicked to watch football

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit